New gtx 690 but having problems

Ronnie221

Hey, so I am new the the pc world ( gaming) and I went and bought a pc but it needed a power supply and a graphics cars so I purchased both. The power supply swapped with no problem. With the you though it went in fine but after first boot up and me trying to install the drivers that’s were I had a problem. It put in all the specs needed on nvidia’s website and chose the correct driver. It went all the way through to systems check (not sure if this was the correct name) then it said the driver is not compatible with the version of Windows. I searched the internet or similar problems but it only said to make sure windows is up to date. I updated windows but still had the problem. Please HELP

A5C9341F-C6ED-4328-9AB9-B48A038DE2AD.jpeg

You're running 64 bit windows correct?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What is your window version? Type winver in Run.  

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Hi, i have the same card.

Here is the link for the driver i use

however this might be a issue if you are runing a different version of windows. my link is for windows 10 64 bit.

to get the right driver go to this link and fill in all the relevent info.

P.S. this is a link to advance driver search.

Bikes - Honda CBR 900RR (1993), MV Augsta F4 750 SPR (2003),  Kawasaki ZX25R (2021)

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 5900x, Asus Tuf X570 , Zotac GTX1080ti, 32Gb Patriot Viper Steel, Samsung 970 Pro 250GB

You can also try using Geforce Experience to get the drivers. It auto detects and installs the correct ones based on your system.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

48 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You're running 64 bit windows correct?

Yes 

49 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

What is your window version? Type winver in Run.  

version 1909 (os build 18363.720)

12 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

You can also try using Geforce Experience to get the drivers. It auto detects and installs the correct ones based on your system.

ill try that right now 

21 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

it said cannot continue it says nvidia geforce experiences require a nvidia gpu.

Just now, Ronnie221 said:

it said cannot continue it says nvidia geforce experiences require a nvidia gpu.

Could it be the computer is not even reading the card? But the geforce gtx light is lighting up though.

that would suggest that one of a few faults

1. the card is not in the slot correctly (try are installing it making sure the PCIE lock is on tightly)

2. the mother board or card doesn't like that slot for some reason (try and install the card in a different slot if you have one)

3. the card is not receiving power or something (check that the 2 8 pin connectors are both plugin and that all the power connectors are plugged in.)(even experienced builders forget stuff like hat occasionally).

p.s. if you tell us what motherboard and power supply you have that might help us trouble shoot.

Bikes - Honda CBR 900RR (1993), MV Augsta F4 750 SPR (2003),  Kawasaki ZX25R (2021)

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 5900x, Asus Tuf X570 , Zotac GTX1080ti, 32Gb Patriot Viper Steel, Samsung 970 Pro 250GB

actually tell us full PC specs (CPU ,Mobo, RAM, GPU, PSU, m.2/ssd drives-where is windows installed on? and any other device you may have pluged in the form of a PCI card)  if you dont know how to do that download speccy its a program that will tell you, gives us brand names and model besides speaks.

Also tell us your windows version (push windows button + R and in the run window that will appear type in winver and push enter) also make sure you have the 64 bit version of windows 

Also a GTX 690 is not sold anymore so what do you mean by "new" ? did it come in a sealed box when you bought it second hand from somewhere like ebay? Did you buy it from china? how much? (because chinese listings are quite a few times misleading and sell you stuff for dirt cheap that is not working/legitimate version of that the listing claims it to be) 

1 hour ago, Necron1050 said:

1. the card is not in the slot correctly (try are installing it making sure the PCIE lock is on tightly)

2. the mother board or card doesn't like that slot for some reason (try and install the card in a different slot if you have one)

3. the card is not receiving power or something (check that the 2 8 pin connectors are both plugin and that all the power connectors are plugged in.)(even experienced builders forget stuff like hat occasionally).

p.s. if you tell us what motherboard and power supply you have that might help us trouble shoot.

1. uninstalled it and then put it back in./ same result 

2. there are two slots but the case cant physically fit the card in the second slot sadly.

3. i went and unplugged it and plugged it in with pressing force.

1. uninstalled it and then put it back in./ same result 

2. there are two slots but the case cant physically fit the card in the second slot sadly.

3. i went and unplugged it and plugged it in with pressing force.

1 hour ago, Necron1050 said:

this is the motherboard "New Genuine Dell Optiplex 990 MT Intel Q67 Chipset LGA 1155 DDR3 SDRAM 4 Slots Desktop Motherboard 2VM2Y 6D7TR CN-02VM2Y"

this is a link https://www.newegg.com/p/1JW-000H-005A6?item=9SIAJ5VAWF8133&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googlemkp-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googlemkp-pc-_-pla-the+best+part+inc-_-motherboards+-+intel-_-9SIAJ5VAWF8133&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3qzzBRDnARIsAECmrypI2IW0TAZprduPbC3fu4hdw9wKUwTilEb4hSH_A4CHBwf9QQfMBkwaAnU6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 hour ago, papajo said:

actually tell us full PC specs (CPU ,Mobo, RAM, GPU, PSU, m.2/ssd drives-where is windows installed on? and any other device you may have pluged in the form of a PCI card)  if you dont know how to do that download speccy its a program that will tell you, gives us brand names and model besides speaks.

Also tell us your windows version (push windows button + R and in the run window that will appear type in winver and push enter) also make sure you have the 64 bit version of windows 

Also a GTX 690 is not sold anymore so what do you mean by "new" ? did it come in a sealed box when you bought it second hand from somewhere like ebay? Did you buy it from china? how much? (because chinese listings are quite a few times misleading and sell you stuff for dirt cheap that is not working/legitimate version of that the listing claims it to be) 

1 hour ago, papajo said:

this one was from the link you gave me 

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz    33 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 06D7TR (CPU 1)
Graphics
    2779 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics (Dell)
Storage
    1863GB Seagate ST2000VM003-1ET164 (SATA )    29 °C
Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

1 minute ago, Ronnie221 said:

Well then theres your answer you have AMD Radeon HD 6350

In case you just added a new GPU it might be that a) your PSU cant feed it b) the PC (as in mobo) is not compatible with it.. OEM builds by dell are not so much upgrade friendly. 

1 hour ago, papajo said:

Also I did buy it used from ebay. I payed $120 shipped it came from California. 

4 minutes ago, Ronnie221 said:

Also I did buy it used from ebay. I payed $120 shipped it came from California. 

Well I already responded to you with

5 minutes ago, papajo said:

In case you just added a new GPU it might be that a) your PSU cant feed it b) the PC (as in mobo) is not compatible with it.. OEM builds by dell are not so much upgrade friendly. 

Oh and I have to ask just to be sure, incase you added a GTX 690 did you remove the AMD Radeon HD 6350 already installed in it? because you should..

Also what you should do is start on safe mode like this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

and then download and runn DDU to remove all the preexisting drivers 

restart on normal mode (not safe mode) and try to install the drivers again.

If it doesnt work then its what I already mentioned on my post above. 

EDIT: just for the conversation I would like to add that you paid to much for it... I wouldnt pay more than $75 for such a computer especially a used/refurbished one. 

2 minutes ago, papajo said:

So what does that mean you lost me. So your saying that the  AMD Radeon HD 6350 is the one that is in the computer. I ask this because before putting the gtx card there was no previous cards or anything in the slots. Also when I went to device manager in settings it said i was using Intel integrated graphics.

Looks like the computer is not detecting the GTX 690...

Only the Intel integrated graphics.

Which brings up this point -- make sure your monitor is plugged into the back of the GTX 690, NOT the back of the motherboard.

The PCI-E power connections are NOT optional, they are mandatory.

You need to have both PCI-E 8-pin power connections hooked up.

Also don't know why you bought an old GTX 690 (basically 2x GTX 680's on one circuit board).

If games don't support multiple GPUs, you are using 1/2 a GTX 690.

GTX 680 (1/2 a GTX 690) is pretty slow compared to even the new $100 ~ $150 graphics cards...

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

2 minutes ago, Ronnie221 said:

So what does that mean you lost me. So your saying that the  AMD Radeon HD 6350 is the one that is in the computer. I ask this because before putting the gtx card there was no previous cards or anything in the slots. Also when I went to device manager in settings it said i was using Intel integrated graphics.

Well then these are not your specs... the specs you gave me include the graphics card.. please run the speccy program I gave you a link for its free..

either-way you paid too much for this computer.. it isnt worth more than 75$ and 75$ is generous especially since it didnt come with a graphics card. 

3 minutes ago, papajo said:

Well I already responded to you with

Oh and I have to ask just to be sure, incase you added a GTX 690 did you remove the AMD Radeon HD 6350 already installed in it? because you should..

Also what you should do is start on safe mode like this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

and then download and runn DDU to remove all the preexisting drivers 

restart on normal mode (not safe mode) and try to install the drivers again.

If it doesnt work then its what I already mentioned on my post above. 

EDIT: just for the conversation I would like to add that you paid to much for it... I wouldnt pay more than $75 for such a computer especially a used/refurbished one. 

Its all good I was getting overexcited about the computer and really wanted to play rust and it was unplayable with the current graphics 

1 minute ago, -rascal- said:

Looks like the computer is not detecting the GTX 690...

Only the Intel integrated graphics.

Which brings up this point -- make sure your monitor is plugged into the back of the GTX 690, NOT the back of the motherboard.

The PCI-E power connections are NOT optional, they are mandatory.

You need to have both PCI-E 8-pin power connections hooked up.

You lost me. Does the motherboard plug directly into the gpu.

At the moment i have the gpu in the slot and two 8 pin power connectors coming in from the power supply.

3 minutes ago, papajo said:

Well then these are not your specs... the specs you gave me include the graphics card.. please run the speccy program I gave you a link for its free..

either-way you paid too much for this computer.. it isnt worth more than 75$ and 75$ is generous especially since it didnt come with a graphics card. 

DESKTOP-Q3KDF4S.speccy