Looking for some good case fans that will also work for radiators

Aaluvian

Last stage of build. so far the best are noctua but are highly expensive for the amount i will need. What are some good alternatives that work great for Air flow and static pressure yet low audible sound. Any help appreciated

35 minutes ago, Aaluvian said:

Last stage of build. so far the best are noctua but are highly expensive for the amount i will need. What are some good alternatives that work great for Air flow and static pressure yet low audible sound. Any help appreciated

Corsair ML PRO for every use,from air flow to radiator.

They are a bit excpencive but totally worth.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

10 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Arctic p12:s. 25-30€ for a 5-pack with pwm and daisy-chain cables.

Are they good for both AF and radiators?

1 hour ago, Aaluvian said:
11 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Arctic p12:s. 25-30€ for a 5-pack with pwm and daisy-chain cables.

Arctic P12 is what I use. I find they work good enough at 480-1100 RPM for my main system on the case and radiator. They do go up to 1800 RPM, but not necessary for my setup. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

17 hours ago, Aaluvian said:

yes they are! NB: the F-series is NOT recommended, but the P and Bionix P140 P120 are all excellent. 

Arctic P12 PWM PST. Problem solved for small money.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

It should be noted that at the 140mm fan size Noctua has no significant advantage over the high end competition outside of water and dust resistance on their ip67 industrial fans.

What rad? Where's the rad mounted? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:09 PM, WoodenMarker said:

What rad? Where's the rad mounted? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Budget is not really a issue since in end will be doing custom water cooling. i am looking at maximizing effective rad to thermal transfer but dont want overly thick rads as they require higher rpm to over come fin density

20 hours ago, Aaluvian said:

Budget is not really a issue since in end will be doing custom water cooling. i am looking at maximizing effective rad to thermal transfer but dont want overly thick rads as they require higher rpm to over come fin density

So.. what rad and where's it being mounted? Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ran 5 P12 PST in my friends build, very quiet fans which move a decent amount of air with good static pressure given how quiet they are. They're very quiet and not at all an unpleasant noise even at full speed. If you need more airflow you could try the Cougar Vortex PWM but 2 of my oldest ones have this annoying squeal at a certain PWM frequency, I think they were just part of a bad batch since my newer ones are perfectly fine.

On 3/22/2020 at 6:56 PM, WoodenMarker said:

So.. what rad and where's it being mounted? Where are you shopping / located?

Havent quite decided on a radiator yet since i dont know if i want a crossflow for the front rad for hard tube runs and easier for a drain port and there will be a rad at the top as well

On 3/23/2020 at 5:24 PM, Aaluvian said:

Havent quite decided on a radiator yet since i dont know if i want a crossflow for the front rad for hard tube runs and easier for a drain port and there will be a rad at the top as well

If you're not sure but don't have a limited budget, NF-A12x25's are pricey but are about as good as it gets and arguably the best 120mm fan available.