Razer Kraken 7.1 or Corsair Vengeance 2100

R_Golden

Hi, I came here because I have been a long time fan of the show, and I'm having a bit of an issue. I have a pretty low budget for a gaming headset, being about $150, and i'm currently having a conflict between which one I'm going to be picking up. The Razer Kraken 7.1 or the Corsair Vengeance 2100. At first I was dead set on the Corsair Vengeance until I found a mic test for the Razer Kraken 7.1, it is has a mic that is A LOT better. Not to mention the fact that at Best Buy (Where I'm going to be picking up the headset I choose) the Razer Kraken 7.1 is $99, and the Corsair Vengeance 2100 is $133 currently. I'm a geek but I know nothing of audio specs, I can tell that the mic on the Razer set is a lot better, but I like the build quality and wireless capabilities of the Corsair Vengeance, what I don't know is which one has better sound quality, they both have 7.1 surround sound but I use stereo anyways, so it doesn't matter to me whether it's simulated better in either. If anyone is well versed in audio tech and wouldn't mind helping me out here, I would really appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum. 

Everyone on the forum hates headsets. We recommend buying a pair of good headphones and a microphone. 

Do you mind spending Just a little more? Say $170

Edit: If so\

mic

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392525745&sr=1-7&keywords=vmoda+crossfade+lp

Headphones

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B003BYRGLI/ref=pd_sim_e_5

Edit:review

Welcome to the forum. 

Everyone on the forum hates headsets. We recommend buying a pair of good headphones and a microphone. 

Do you mind spending Just a little more? Say $170

Thanks for the welcome and the reply, but at the moment I can't use a microphone that's large / not attached to my head. It's hard to explain my situation but know that I'm also using a laptop, you could say I'm not in a set area. This is my only kind of option, I just need to know if the Kraken has better sound quality over the Vengeance, because I don't know anything about audio. Thanks for the suggestion though, and if needed I could probably up my budget a bit but only for a headset :/

Thanks for the welcome and the reply, but at the moment I can't use a microphone that's large / not attached to my head. It's hard to explain my situation but know that I'm also using a laptop, you could say I'm not in a set area. This is my only kind of option, I just need to know if the Kraken has better sound quality over the Vengeance, because I don't know anything about audio. Thanks for the suggestion though, and if needed I could probably up my budget a bit but only for a headset :/

I edited my post. Have a look at the mic

I edited my post. Have a look at the mic

That could definitely work! I really appreciate it but I still have one more problem, I can't have anything shipped to me, referring to my situation. The boom mic is available at Best Buy but the headphones are not, only what I can assume are their successors which are too expensive for my budget. Do you know any other good headphones that this mic will work with? Or is it just their brand, Thanks for your help so far, I appreciate you taking the time to help me. 

The Razer Kraken 7.1 would be the better choice here, they have surround sound which allows for a completely immersive gaming experience.

I'm always pleased with Razer products, I have the Razer Kraken Pro myself which also has surround sound 7.1

That could definitely work! I really appreciate it but I still have one more problem, I can't have anything shipped to me, referring to my situation. The boom mic is available at Best Buy but the headphones are not, only what I can assume are their successors which are too expensive for my budget. Do you know any other good headphones that this mic will work with? Or is it just their brand, Thanks for your help so far, I appreciate you taking the time to help me. 

Before I make this suggestion, I've going to warn you about the price. It is extremely low. Do not judge it inferior because of the price. The NXG NX-HTDJ would work perfect with a boompro. 

Probably not the best decision for those with a big head, however. Clamp force is on the tighter side straight from the box, cups are on the small side, and I've got the headband fully extended with my medium head. Still, worth looking at since it's only $15.

My suggestion is neither. Neither Corsair nor Razer make particularly great headphones or headsets.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn