Snap Nextcloud on Linux, Can't Find Admin page?

Context

Greetings,

Been searching for a solution across google for an hour now and cannot find one. I have to admit...I know little about how local IP's work and when someone says localhost and more than one computer is involved on a LAN I will have no clue as to what the standard context this is. My first guide said to just put the IP address of my server into my browser, nope. Another had the IP/nextcloud, nope. Another added http://, still nope.

I just need help finding my way to the Admin page for nextcloud.

I am running nextcloud on snap, fresh install as of an hour ago.

Linux is whatever 18.# was new a month ago.

All updated and upgraded to date (bar a couple which won't but thats a project for another day)

This is embarrassing, but possibly need someone to explain what I am doing wrong in baby steps. I know quite a lot about computers but most everything is self taught, lots of tall mountain and lots of valley's and those valley's are often where most people would presume mountains to be.

I have no experience with nextcloud but I like to think I have a lot of experience with networking. Did you verify that the IP nextcloud got was given to it by your home router?

Most home routers usually give out IPs that resemble 192.168.X.X/24 (255.255.255.0). Can you say what IP nextcloud has and what IP your computer has?

I like your mountain & valley analogy. When it comes to explaining to others how complete (or lack their-of) my own knowledge is I like to use Swiss cheese and trees as examples. :D

34 minutes ago, Context said:

Greetings,

Been searching for a solution across google for an hour now and cannot find one. I have to admit...I know little about how local IP's work and when someone says localhost and more than one computer is involved on a LAN I will have no clue as to what the standard context this is. My first guide said to just put the IP address of my server into my browser, nope. Another had the IP/nextcloud, nope. Another added http://, still nope.

I just need help finding my way to the Admin page for nextcloud.

I am running nextcloud on snap, fresh install as of an hour ago.

Linux is whatever 18.# was new a month ago.

All updated and upgraded to date (bar a couple which won't but thats a project for another day)

This is embarrassing, but possibly need someone to explain what I am doing wrong in baby steps. I know quite a lot about computers but most everything is self taught, lots of tall mountain and lots of valley's and those valley's are often where most people would presume mountains to be.

Just type ifconfig in your terminal and get the IP for your nextcloud instance. You can't really just make up an IP..

the easy way is go to your router and check the connected devices, then use that IP with whatever the port of nextcloud is.

another way is to check the ubuntu (i think you are using this) terminal and look for the IP of the server there.

I used ifconfig to look up the IP yes, that's the IP I used in the description of my troubleshooting in the OP.

Turns out...just for repetition I tried the basic straight IP again today...worked fine.

I think there's some kind of lag or refresh issue happening, because when I mounted my new HDD's...they seemingly weren't mounted, until I checked back on them many hours later, then suddenly with no help on my part everything worked. Seems like the same thing happened here.