Can I set up password to wifi extender?

oskar23

Hey.

I got tp link AC1750 and im wondering if i can set password to it. The problem is that some devices are unable to connect to router when this device is working. I use it floor down just to get internet to my computer using a cable connected from this device to my pc. But its so frustrating that while its on some devices cant connect to wifi at all. Thats why maybe creating password could help but I dont really see that option in tplink's settings. Any idea how to solve this issue with devices not being able to connect while tplink is working?

If you’re connecting to it through ethernet it’ not an extender anymore.  It’s not receiving WiFi signals and passing then to another WiFi connection it’s (I assume) receiving internet WiFi from your router and passing it to your computer over ethernet.  You seem to want it to act as an extender for other devices AND an adaptor.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

He's using it as wireless client.

The extended WiFi can be disabled in the settings.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2