PC with Ryzen 3600 and Asus Prime X570P doesn't start

davidrf
Go to solution Solved by davidrf,

Well I don't know what to say. Today I tried again booting it up (without any changes made from yesterday) and well, it didn't boot. THEN almost for no reason I tried too boot again with a USB Win10 bootable stick inserted... WELL, it did boot! WTF? Then at the Windows 10 install screen I shut down the system, tried to boot again without the USB, and from that time on it always booted with no problems. I then updated the bios (it was from february 2019!) and I proceeded to install Windows 10, no problems whatsoever, everything perfect.

I'm puzzled to say at least.

Hi there, I'm building a PC with this hardware:

- Asus Prime X570P
- Ryzen 5 3600
- Enermax Liqimax III Argb
- Corsair TX650m
- Western Digital SSD 500GB
- G.Skilll 16gb (2x8)
- Gigabyte Geforce 2080 Super

The system turns on, with all the fans operational, but I don't get a video signal (i tried on a Sony Bravia TV via HDMI) or any power in my USB keyboard.

At first I thought it was because the TX650m only has a 8 pin ATX connector, while the motherboard has a 12 (8+4) pin connector. Then I read the 4 extra pins are only used for extreme overclock.

Then I read it could be because the mainboard has an old bios version, but as far as I could find the mainboards affected by this should be only B450/X470 series, and I have a X570P. 

What could be the problem? Thanks a lot!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16GB PC 3200 F4-3200C16D-32GIS  | GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 4070 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Cooling: Thermalright PA 120 SE

Is the monitor plugged into the GPU or the motherboard display outputs?

Check everything to make sure it is plugged into the PSU correctly and that the CPU and GPU are correctly seated. 

Does it give you any debug LEDs?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

7 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Is the monitor plugged into the GPU or the motherboard display outputs?

Check everything to make sure it is plugged into the PSU correctly and that the CPU and GPU are correctly seated. 

Does it give you any debug LEDs?

I tried both the GPU and the motherboard HDMI output. None works. I also tried to plug the PC on my Dell U3014 because I know some screens have problems displaying bios (a Sony TV could have). It didn't work. I didn't see any debug led. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16GB PC 3200 F4-3200C16D-32GIS  | GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 4070 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Cooling: Thermalright PA 120 SE

I had the same problem with my ASUS x570 Strix e and a 3900x. Only updating the BIOS resolved this for me... was freaking out already about dead board and shit... seems that not all Ryzen 3000 are supported out of the box as stated in the manual and on the box...

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Well I don't know what to say. Today I tried again booting it up (without any changes made from yesterday) and well, it didn't boot. THEN almost for no reason I tried too boot again with a USB Win10 bootable stick inserted... WELL, it did boot! WTF? Then at the Windows 10 install screen I shut down the system, tried to boot again without the USB, and from that time on it always booted with no problems. I then updated the bios (it was from february 2019!) and I proceeded to install Windows 10, no problems whatsoever, everything perfect.

7 hours ago, davidrf said:

Glad it works bud, have fun with your new system!!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2020 at 5:04 PM, davidrf said:

Hi there, I'm building a PC with this hardware:

- Asus Prime X570P
- Ryzen 5 3600
- Enermax Liqimax III Argb
- Corsair TX650m
- Western Digital SSD 500GB
- G.Skilll 16gb (2x8)
- Gigabyte Geforce 2080 Super

The system turns on, with all the fans operational, but I don't get a video signal (i tried on a Sony Bravia TV via HDMI) or any power in my USB keyboard.

At first I thought it was because the TX650m only has a 8 pin ATX connector, while the motherboard has a 12 (8+4) pin connector. Then I read the 4 extra pins are only used for extreme overclock.

Then I read it could be because the mainboard has an old bios version, but as far as I could find the mainboards affected by this should be only B450/X470 series, and I have a X570P. 

What could be the problem? Thanks a lot!

Im having this EXACT same prob. No mouse and keyboard working and my ram isnt lighting up. All else has power. Guess i will have to try what you did. I have also heard taking out battery could help. I dont have the extra 4 pin cpu power cord but will on weds. This is my first build and kinda freaking out

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2020 at 11:47 AM, davidrf said:

Gotta say I was having the same problem, and followed your recommendation to plugin a Win 10 USB installation and suddenly now the PC booted fine... this is weird but a win is a win