Where is the P400A Made?

SickBangerzM9

Basically just what the title says. I cannot find anything on their website.

2 minutes ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

Basically just what the title says. I cannot find anything on their website.

Where as in... the direct factory? Or are you talking about "Made in China" / "Made in Taiwan"?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Where as in... the direct factory? Or are you talking about "Made in China" / "Made in Taiwan"?

Yea, something like a "Made in ___" label. 

16 minutes ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

I actually have no idea. My gut says Taiwan but I have no real basis or source for that. Could be India for all I know.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I actually have no idea. My gut says Taiwan but I have no real basis or source for that. Could be India for all I know.

I can take a look-see at my Phanteks cases when I get home, any idea where they'd print that? 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

6 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I can take a look-see at my Phanteks cases when I get home, any idea where they'd print that? 

Not sure. It could be stamped somewhere on the metal but I'm not even sure if they do that. Might just be a really small white sticker somewhere on the exterior of the case too. 

I'm pretty sure CoolerMasters's factory is in China but thats only because of the Gamers Nexus/BPS Customs Tour. I think that includes cases, but this mostly covered cooler stuff.

NZXT's factory is also in china.

Lian Li's case manufacturing is in Taiwan

28 minutes ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

“Made in” has little meaning anymore.  Companies shift that as much as possible in order to play tax games.  There was a period a few years ago where “made in Ireland” conferred tax benefits so companies were making, for example, televisions and putting on everything but the buttons which made the almost entirely assembled device “unfinished parts” shipping the mess including the buttons to Ireland, sticking the buttons on, and creating a device that was “made in Ireland” even though it really basically wasn’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

“Made in” has little meaning anymore.  Companies shift that as much as possible in tordered to play tax games.  There was a period a few years ago where “made in Ireland” conferred tax benefits so companies were making, for example, televisions and putting on everything but the buttons which made the almost entirely assembled device “unfinished parts” shipping the mess including the buttons to Ireland, sticking the buttons on, and creating a device that was “made in Ireland” even though it really basically wasn’t.

thanks for the clarification. I really need to know where this product is being made for future reference. Considering the state of affairs in China, I'm worried that not only will the p400A not go on sale any time soon, it might go up in price so I'm wondering if the price it is at now is the best we'll see for a while. Obviously if it isn't made in China, that might change my decision.

6 hours ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

thanks for the clarification. I really need to know where this product is being made for future reference. Considering the state of affairs in China, I'm worried that not only will the p400A not go on sale any time soon, it might go up in price so I'm wondering if the price it is at now is the best we'll see for a while. Obviously if it isn't made in China, that might change my decision.

Ah.  Enough cases are made in China that supply/demand could be affected so the entire market could go up.  China’s problems seem to be winding down though while the rest of the world seems to be just getting started.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

All DIY PC cases, except for Lian Li, are made in China.

Sorry I couldn't come in sooner to clear this up.

My Phanteks P400S are made in China, why do you ask anyway ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply