Is it safe to use non rechargeable batteries in an xbox controller..

nelska

While playing with it plugged in via usb? Or will it try and charge them.. and explode. lol. thanks. ALSO, this is on pc.. but still its an xbox controller.

EDIT:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/using-batteries-in-xbox-wireless-controller

I guess xbox controllers do not recharge batteries.. If im not mistaken.

"An Xbox One wireless controller can be converted into a wired controller by connecting it to your console with any micro-USB cable. ... While wired, the controller does not need batteries to run, and will not drain any batteries in the controller. If you have the Play and Charge kit, the battery will charge."

IF you plug in an xbox controller to usb does the bluetooth connectivity disconnect automatically? Or does it maintain bluetooth as long as it's connected via bluetooth..

As to play connected via bluetooth and charge the kit at the same time...

guys heres the actual question Im asking.. you

"will xbox controller be wireless if you plug it in" lol. dead serious

Wiring the controller won't make it wired, what it does is only supplying power.

The communications is still done wirelessly.

You can plug it in any USB power source, doesn't need to be connected to the xbox / pc.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Play and charge kit charges from the pins at the back of the bay instead of the battery terminal so no, it won't blow up. Nor will it drain the batteries as the controller runs over usb when plugged in.

My Folding Stats Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! 

Aviation Engineer by day,

Game Developer by Night,

IT Engineer for a Hobby,

Husband in between!

Proud creator of EvoCore! 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.retrodex.evocore&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/evocore/id1459714064

46 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Wiring the controller won't make it wired, what it does is only supplying power.

You can plug it in any USB power source, doesn't need to be connected to the xbox / pc.

but if i turn bluetooth off.. it'll work through usb. how do you know it doesnt default. there must be some type of connection shown. look at this..

IMG_20200302_152343301.jpg

it's bluetooth at the cost of usb 3.0 backwards compatibility.

I'm seriously going to use the only 2.0usb port I have left and aa batteries. and deal with the fact that its on the front of the case.

now check this out... On bluetooth the game crashes to monitor one and goes array but on usb... it works flawlessly. if i want to play bluetooth and battery.. IT HAS TO BE ON MONITOR 1! lol.

wait ok... 2 monitors different resolutions.. you need to set windowed to the bigger monitor and fullscreen to the smaller monitor. or it'll crash the smaller resolution onto the bigger everytime.

problem was... monitor 1 is 1920x1080p displayport with audio output. and monitor 2 is 1600x900 but max resolution is 1280x720. SO, to play on secondary monitor you have to literally lock the resolution in or the whole gpu crashes to desktop. Annnd that means setting the fullscreen to 1280x720 in this case and then window has to also be set to 1900x1080 I believe. its 244hz.. so its a bitch anyway. DONE

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

That isn't correct if the cable used does both power and data as you can get xboxone wireless controllers that have a USB cable and no batteries where the supplied USB cable does both power and data (you need a fully wired USB cable to be able to perform firmware updates on the controller anyway).

I have an Xbox 360 controller and I use the Play and Charge kit to power it up.I dont put any batteries in it at all.

And no, plugging the controller using the Play and Charge kit to the PC doesnt make it a wired controller. It still connects wirelessly, so u would still need that xbox controller receiver. 

6 hours ago, Shammikit said:

I have an Xbox 360 controller and I use the Play and Charge kit to power it up.I dont put any batteries in it at all.

And no, plugging the controller using the Play and Charge kit to the PC doesnt make it a wired controller. It still connects wirelessly, so u would still need that xbox controller receiver. 

No, you don't with the Xbox One controller. It acts wired unless you are lucky enough to have an Xbox transceiver on your mobo, or a Bluetooth controller and a Bluetooth mobo. 

My Folding Stats Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! 

Aviation Engineer by day,

Game Developer by Night,

IT Engineer for a Hobby,

Husband in between!

Proud creator of EvoCore! 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.retrodex.evocore&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/evocore/id1459714064

4 hours ago, Retrodex Gaming said:

No, you don't with the Xbox One controller. It acts wired unless you are lucky enough to have an Xbox transceiver on your mobo, or a Bluetooth controller and a Bluetooth mobo. 

I was referring to the xbox 360 controllers. I should have highlighted that in my response, my bad.