Hey need help with Arizona USA laws

Emiliawastakenowo

Hello, I dont really know where to post this but I'm interested in buying land in Arizona to invest in solar farm. 

I'm not from the USA my civilization is Israel.

I am also 17

Is there a way for me to buy the land and keep it until im ready to buy solar energy.

I Googled real estate agents Arizona and looked thtough websites to find one that looks easy enough to find a person And if you get in contact with real estate agent they should be able to point you in the right direction.

https://www.daveramsey.com/elp/real-estate-agents?utm_source=google&utm_id=go_cmp-952034574_adg-50723729726_ad-405177117506_kwd-18583712_dev-m_ext-_prd-&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1-3yBRCmARIsAN7B4H20YhThyw9xhY6cF4sl3-azwY3KQNgajoa_EOP1pGy6BleMNOM2U30aAlAsEALw_wcB

You must be 18 and have valid proof of identity. This may include a birth certificate and passport. There are other things too, but it largely depends on where exactly you want to invest.

47 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

I Googled real estate agents Arizona and looked thtough websites to find one that looks easy enough to find a person And if you get in contact with real estate agent they should be able to point you in the right direction.

https://www.daveramsey.com/elp/real-estate-agents?utm_source=google&utm_id=go_cmp-952034574_adg-50723729726_ad-405177117506_kwd-18583712_dev-m_ext-_prd-&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1-3yBRCmARIsAN7B4H20YhThyw9xhY6cF4sl3-azwY3KQNgajoa_EOP1pGy6BleMNOM2U30aAlAsEALw_wcB

I tried to contact im waiting for an answer and thank you ❤️

9 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

You must be 18 and have valid proof of identity. This may include a birth certificate and passport. There are other things too, but it largely depends on where exactly you want to invest.

In Arizona and do i need to pay like tax or something that is monthly on the land its 1 ancre

59 minutes ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

In Arizona and do i need to pay like tax or something that is monthly on the land its 1 ancre

All land is applicable to taxes. I recommend reaching out to a financial advisor. Do not post personal info on this thread or forum.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

All land is applicable to taxes. I recommend reaching out to a financial advisor. Do not post personal info on this thread or forum.

Yes i know i wanted to get in contact with a lawyer. Im sorry for the stupid question but what is a financial advisor. Sorry it doesnt translate to my language

You will want to speak with a licensed real estate agent in Arizona.

There are zoning laws as well as special code enforcement rules for solar installations.

In addition there are environmental regulations specific to unused land (it may have been used for mining in the past), easement rules, etc.

Consider that many cheap plots are cheap and unused for a reason, there are a lot of pitfalls that happen.

For instance, you could buy land, find out it is only zoned for recreational use and be unable to build on it.

I wouldn't trust anyone on an internet forum to get you the correct information.

1 hour ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

Yes i know i wanted to get in contact with a lawyer. Im sorry for the stupid question but what is a financial advisor. Sorry it doesnt translate to my language

A financial advisor is someone that works for your bank that can offer advice on matters such as this. Again, you must be 18 in the U.S. to purchase land. You must have at least 2 to 4 forms of identification. There are other things involved as well, but they are better suited in a conversation with a professional.

This forum is not suited for your question due to the sensitive information associated. I recommend marking it solved and allowing a mod to lock it.

18 hours ago, jdfthetech said:

There are zoning laws as well as special code enforcement rules for solar installations.

In addition there are environmental regulations specific to unused land (it may have been used for mining in the past), easement rules, etc.

Consider that many cheap plots are cheap and unused for a reason, there are a lot of pitfalls that happen.

For instance, you could buy land, find out it is only zoned for recreational use and be unable to build on it.

I wouldn't trust anyone on an internet forum to get you the correct information.

Thank you i didnt know that i will check again

18 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

A financial advisor is someone that works for your bank that can offer advice on matters such as this. Again, you must be 18 in the U.S. to purchase land. You must have at least 2 to 4 forms of identification. There are other things involved as well, but they are better suited in a conversation with a professional.

Okay thank you i will save my money now

19 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

19 hours ago, jdfthetech said:

I have a question. Do you think its smart for me to invest in such thing. I wanted in the start to invest in stocks and although i trust my decision i still think that investing in something like this would be less risky and most consistent. I don't really have anyone to ask but do you have any opinions?

I have a question. Do you think its smart for me to invest in such thing. I wanted in the start to invest in stocks and although i trust my decision i still think that investing in something like this would be less risky and most consistent. I don't really have anyone to ask but do you have any opinions?

It largely depends. The market for solar in the U.S. can be turbulent. There's isn't really any competition for it outside of Tesla, SpaceX, and a few government funded projects. Investing in it now to a year may be a good idea, but you most likely won't be making any significant sums on it anytime soon.

Do not ask for financial advice on Linus Tech Tips. 
Contact a financial advisor and work with them.

Nobody here is qualified to give you the information you desire.

If you want a good book that discusses financial advice for America, the book 'The Truth About Money' by Ric Edelman is a good start.

Well it all depends. 

After buying the land, paying for construction and permits, etc you could be looking at 500k alone right there.

And then you have the cost of maintenance of the panels and the land that youll have to cover.

Not to mention since you are not in the area your going to be paying staff to handle everything.

And it takes about 3 acres of land to generate 1 GWh a year. And you will have a third of that land.

1 hour ago, jdfthetech said:

Do not ask for financial advice on Linus Tech Tips. 
Contact a financial advisor and work with them.

Nobody here is qualified to give you the information you desire.

If you want a good book that discusses financial advice for America, the book 'The Truth About Money' by Ric Edelman is a good start.

Okay thank you and sorry i have no idea where i can ask

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

Well it all depends. 

After buying the land, paying for construction and permits, etc you could be looking at 500k alone right there.

And then you have the cost of maintenance of the panels and the land that youll have to cover.

Not to mention since you are not in the area your going to be paying staff to handle everything.

And it takes about 3 acres of land to generate 1 GWh a year. And you will have a third of that land.

Thank you i will keep looking into it

On 3/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, Emiliawastakenowo said:

Hello, I dont really know where to post this but I'm interested in buying land in Arizona to invest in solar farm. 

I'm not from the USA my civilization is Israel.

I am also 17

Is there a way for me to buy the land and keep it until im ready to buy solar energy.

Maybe. But you also need to look at laws governing solar. Some energy companies managed to gets laws passed in several states limiting people from using their own solar. 

You can check out Zillow and several other sites for properties that are for sale. Just remember some states have property tax, so you might have to pay that every year or else the state takes your land. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

you have a ton of research that you need to do, including talking to a financial advisor, and several lawyers with different specialties. 

and realistically, you will need to purchase the property with cash. you wont be getting a loan for the property(its possible, but with only being 17, its not happening and even if you can get a loan, living in another country you are considered high risk, and will be looking at putting upwards of 50% down)

and thats not including the arizona property tax of between .87%-1.5% market value that you will need to pay each year, among other taxes and fees.

This is not the place to be asking for this kind of advice.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 3/3/2020 at 4:43 AM, Tsuki said:

you have a ton of research that you need to do, including talking to a financial advisor, and several lawyers with different specialties. 

and realistically, you will need to purchase the property with cash. you wont be getting a loan for the property(its possible, but with only being 17, its not happening and even if you can get a loan, living in another country you are considered high risk, and will be looking at putting upwards of 50% down)

and thats not including the arizona property tax of between .87%-1.5% market value that you will need to pay each year, among other taxes and fees.

This is not the place to be asking for this kind of advice.

Thank you.

And im sorry i didnt know where to ask

On 3/2/2020 at 10:12 PM, Donut417 said:

Maybe. But you also need to look at laws governing solar. Some energy companies managed to gets laws passed in several states limiting people from using their own solar. 

You can check out Zillow and several other sites for properties that are for sale. Just remember some states have property tax, so you might have to pay that every year or else the state takes your land. 

Okay thank you i will look more into it