Artifacting across all monitors can only be fixed by reboot

spetz83

I recently put together a new build and I have been having some intermittent issues that have been hard for me to root cause. At seemingly random times I will get complete artifacting across all 3 monitors in my setup. Sometimes, I will be surfing the web, go to open a new chrome tab and bam.... gotta reboot. It happens anytime I play PUBG for longer than an hour. Interestingly enough, I have not had this happen while playing any other games in my library (Fallen Order, PoE, Apex Legends...). I've run memtest86 overnight without any errors being reported on several occasions. I've run things like FurMark and Prime95 to stress the gpu and cpu and haven't witnessed the crashing. I do not have an overclock on the CPU or GPU. Right now, I am kinda at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. 

Specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X

EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 HC

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula (Bios version 1001 from 9-9-2019)

32gb Gskill Trident Z Neo PC3600 (2x16gb)

Corsair HX850i PSU

20200225_222008.jpg

3 minutes ago, spetz83 said:

I

Maybe bad driver? DDU and then reinstall? Does the problem still persist if you use 1 monitor or 2 instead of 3?

If this is the known issue with the RTX artifact, then it's one way, RMA it.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

12 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

Maybe bad driver? DDU and then reinstall? Does the problem still persist if you use 1 monitor or 2 instead of 3?

I should have mentioned, I did use ddu and a reinstall of drivers 3 times already. I have tried with single monitor as well and have gotten it to flip too.

13 hours ago, Constantin said:

If this is the known issue with the RTX artifact, then it's one way, RMA it.

So, what are the magic words to say during the RMA process to get them to actually RMA the card? I put my first ticket in with EVGA on the 2nd of February and we still haven't gotten to the "We'll send you a new one" stage yet.

1 minute ago, spetz83 said:

what are the magic words to say during the RMA process

Artifacts 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

Artifacts 

Hahaha. Yea man... Trust me, I used that word many times in the first, second, and third tickets. Guess I just need to wear them down.