Product key error Windows 10

Hi, it's me UDONTO again.

My friend and I having some problems with Windows 10's product registration.

My friend got a new build somewhat 3 months ago.

Windows 10 got properly installed. With successful product key registration.

But for some reason Windows forgot that already registered the key.

Know my friend gets this message to register the product key although we already did it.

After way to many attempts windows still seems to not understand the key.

If that makes any sense.

My friend already tried it with a new product key, also no luck there.

Even a reinstall doesn't work.

We both don't know what to do anymore.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

If it's a legit key you shouldn't have any issues. You've tried multiple keys? Are you buying these or what? If you bought a key and it doesn't work just call support.

Where did you get the key in the first place?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

If it's a legit key you shouldn't have any issues. You've tried multiple keys? Are you buying these or what? If you bought a key and it doesn't work just call support.

He legitimate bought it in a store for round about 150 euros. After many attempts he went to that store and got the product key replaced with a new one. In the hope that would fix the problem.

No luck there.

20 minutes ago, UDONTO said:

snip

Funny...activation patchers last 3-6 months before Windows figures it out.

Call Microsoft for support.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Where did you get the key in the first place?

Conrad Elektro Fachmarkt If it says something to you.

(We live in Germany)

Yup, call MS support then. If he has a valid proof of purchase they'll fix it... as long as he didn't try messing stuff like activating it on another machine.

Did he change hardware?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

activation patchers last 3-6 months before Windows figures it out.

What?

Call Microsoft for support.

We tried that as well. No one answers the call over there.

20 minutes ago, UDONTO said:

What?

We tried that as well. No one answers the call over there.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Germany
(Deutschland)    +49    (0)180 6 67 22 55

Are you sure you're using the right number? Microsoft is a reasonably sized company. I'm pretty sure they can afford someone to answer the phone number listed on their site for tech support.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Germany
(Deutschland)    +49    (0)180 6 67 22 55

Are you sure you're using the right number? Microsoft is a reasonably sized company. I'm pretty sure they can afford someone to answer the phone number listed on their site for tech support.

So I gave him the number (once again), we will try this again the next day. But I don't think that that will change anything.

5 minutes ago, UDONTO said:

Hello?

Is somebody still there?

You can only bump a thread once per 24h.

Any other bumps from now on will be deleted, I also advise you to be more patient, there's no need to reply every 5 minutes.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

Any other bumps from now on will be deleted, I also advise you to be more patient, there's no need to reply every 5 minutes.

Okay. Thank you very much for the info. I didn't know that. I will tell him know. Sorry I was a bit to hectic with the last post.

2 minutes ago, UDONTO said:

So I gave him the number (once again), we will try this again the next day. But I don't think that that will change anything.

If you're not being entirely forthright with us, or your friend's not being entirely forthright with you, and some form of piracy or cracking is going on here, then no, no number of calls to Microsoft or attempts to use the activation troubleshooter will work. And if those things are involved, you should run ALL the virus scanners because the computer has herpes.

If you're not being entirely forthright with us, or your friend's not being entirely forthright with you, and some form of piracy or cracking is going on here, then no, no number of calls to Microsoft or attempts to use the activation troubleshooter will work. And if those things are involved, you should run ALL the virus scanners because the computer has herpes.

Don't worry! The product key is legit!

I was there as he bought it!

Just now, UDONTO said:

Don't worry! The product key is legit!

I was there as he bought it!

It just don't want to work.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I called a few times back in the Win7 era, it's an automated system and it's usually fixed in 15 minutes.

Never had to call MS for activation since Win10.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I called a few times back in the Win7 era, it's an automated system and it's usually fixed in 15 minutes.

Okay.

Just now, wkdpaul said:

I've had it happen with a couple keys acquired from a certain site...let's call it "FleaBay". But those are sketchy, gray-market MSDN/corporate bulk keys, and sometimes activating them is a mild thorn in the rectum. It's never prevented me from doing so, but still. It's weird that a W10 key would just refuse to activate, and even weirder that Microsoft wouldn't answer the phone.

15 hours ago, aisle9 said:

I've had it happen with a couple keys acquired from a certain site...let's call it "FleaBay". But those are sketchy, gray-market MSDN/corporate bulk keys, and sometimes activating them is a mild thorn in the rectum. It's never prevented me from doing so, but still. It's weird that a W10 key would just refuse to activate, and even weirder that Microsoft wouldn't answer the phone.

And do you know what's even weirder. The product key worked before!

And just of this morning, Windows wasn't activated anymore.

14 hours ago, UDONTO said:

And do you know what's even weirder. The product key worked before!

And just of this morning, Windows wasn't activated anymore.

About the key, he bought it from a German electronics store called Conrad. It exists since decades! The store is legit!

14 hours ago, UDONTO said:

About the key, he bought it from a German electronics store called Conrad. It exists since decades! The store is legit!

It has multiple locations throughout Germany

Here!

Have a look: https://www.conrad.de/de/filialen/bonn.html?hk=SEM&WT.srch=1&s_kwcid=AL!222!3!108906098121!e!!g!!conrad %2Bbonn&ef_id=CjwKCAiAy9jyBRA6EiwAeclQhKuyQJMyGxcAs5NAYc4bBWbZKiGPcDfnUQxDy3aZUnftgtS3FIoJ8xoCZfEQAvD_BwE:G:s&gclid=CjwKCAiAy9jyBRA6EiwAeclQhKuyQJMyGxcAs5NAYc4bBWbZKiGPcDfnUQxDy3aZUnftgtS3FIoJ8xoCZfEQAvD_BwE

15 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

As the post above suggest ↑ we will try again the next day.

Hope to see you guys then.