Do you try to help people in computer stores?

-ism

I don't go to them. so no i don't.

us techies know best :D

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Last time i tried convincing some dude that was about to buy a hugely overpriced outdated jurassic GTX280 .. for the price of a R9 290. He just didn't want to freakin listen to me & i got into trouble with the manager of the store, came saying that if i don't leave he'll call the cops .. f....n scammer

There aren't any computer stores around where I live and the one there is people in there know what they are talking about because they are the only store.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

It's for testing the product if it matches your criteria.

You cannot buy a bike, ride it downhill as crazy and send it back with scratches and covered in mud.

But if you can use it like that, and make it look like you've used it not at all, then yes, you can send it back and get your money back.

What do you mean you miss the eu regulations+

I'm not in the old country anymore. The EU has some very consumer friendly regulations. DSR and 2 year warranty as standard to name but a few.

I was once asked to leave my local bestbuy because my response to a sales associate on the advice he gave a customer about a 560 1GB was "utter arse of the highest order" when he said it was a futureproof upgrade over the customers 7850 ... this happened 6 months ago the customer asked about a new card for multi-monitor gaming in shooters games for his son.

Then again I've also caught one of the reps trying to tell someone a DSL modem and cable modem where 'Basically the same thing and would work with his provider"  I submitted a complaint about that one.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Computer shops are completely overpriced, with staff that have no idea about anything.

£30 for a DVI-HDMI cable O.o

lol fuck that

70JTH.jpg

Well if you guys think about it. everything is about money. they are like *who cards about those sorry losers all we need is the money in their wallet.*

Live your life like a dream.

I try avoid places like Bust Buy and HH Greg so I won't feel compelled to help out the less informed.  I feel like I always come across as a wise ass or a know it all. 

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 Series 250GB for boot + WD 2TB Black
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 750W
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100 V2
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K 70 LUX
  • Mouse
    Corsair Raptor M45
  • PCPartPicker URL

I feel like I always come across as a wise ass or a know it all. 

Same thing happens here but it is usually on purpose :P .

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Well you saw he was building it so asking if he is doing that he may have felt like you are asking him: Are you alive? (you see him moving and stuff xD).

You could have asked what specs he is building. Or something similar. I know it sounds stupid but some people think like that xD.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

This thread just reminds me of the episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon is looking for a gift for Leonard and he ends up giving random people sales advice. He ends up getting banned :D

I've only been to one local hardware shop and one of the sales guys seemed a bit uneducated. We asked him where we could find an in car FM transmitter and he had no idea what we wanted - he tried to give us a radio... One of the guys at the PC desk though was actually really helpful. I bought a CM Hyper 212 EVO and he gave me some advice about overclocking, which was handy! And we started talking about other parts too (I brought my parts list with me for price matching).

But if I was in a store and some people were being offered terrible advice, I would wait until the sales guy finished talking to them and then try to suggest something better. if they didn't listen to me I'd just say have a look at other products or research the one you have when you get home.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Tbh I would find it really obnoxious for some random to come up to me out of the blue and try and change my purchase...makes me kind of understand why people respond rudely to it...it's taken as a kind of insult to their intelligence so it's understandable they'd resist.

I'll help if I'm asked

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

I would rather be rude than allow someone to leave with a real piece of garbage tech without being warned.

there are so many gullable peoples in the world. and I agree sometimes I'm like that too.

I'd rather butt in once the sales guy finish talking then probably show them something that is a better buy. 

I mean when things like this happens a small window will pop out and say "A new quest has appeared" help the bloke yes or no"

prize = man hood over 9000

don't you guys get those? (lol ^_^)

Live your life like a dream.

lol fuck that

Exactly

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

i was in best buy looking at headphones, and a employee walked up to me and said "beats are pretty good". i just walked out of the store.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

i was in best buy looking at headphones, and a employee walked up to me and said "beats are pretty good". i just walked out of the store.

Try walking through the audio department while wearing Momentums and getting an employee pitching beats to you. Yup that happened to me

i helped a mother choose a macbook pro at the store the other day ^_^

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Today my friend CJ and I went to Frys to buy a USB3 cable for an external hard drive, and well, there was this couple building a PC. They were being rather dumb, like buying a fan for EVERY slot in their case. Anyways, I asked the man if he was building a PC and he said yeah, but with a rude tone and essentially gave me the cold shoulder. This may be due to the fact that I am only 17, but who knows. 

Anyways, do you guys ever go out of your way to help the people making silly purchasing decisions at electronics stores? I feel so bad everytime I see some poor sap wasting their money...

i let fools remain fools. who am i to bring anyone out of their mediocre life?

well, no because i don't like socializing, but even if I did, people are so ignorant to tech, even the people selling the bloody stuff

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones