Had a Spill

RAM555789

So I spilled some energy drink onto my computer and some ended up down on top of the graphics card. I'm curious what part of the GPU I actually spilled it on and whats its function, as thankfully my GPU seems to be working just fine. (and yes I did clean/dry it off)

Spill.jpg

3 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

So I spilled some energy drink onto my computer and some ended up down on top of the graphics card. I'm curious what part of the GPU I actually spilled it on and whats its function, as thankfully my GPU seems to be working just fine. (and yes I did clean/dry it off)

Where is the F reaction when you need it :o 

/s

Looks like you spilled it on some resistor of the card, where the power in is located. There is probably some circuitry there for handling the power input.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Talk about some stupid luck. Thankfully not an F for my GPU since it still runs.

Your pc prob was off during that cause thats was close to the power delivery well if u cleaned it with som alc u should be fine :D

That doesn't look like it went inside anything so you're lucky. If you wiped it quickly there won't be rust either.

i would remove the video card and clean it with isopropyl alcohol (paper towels dabbed in alcohol).

The liquid has impurities (sugar and other crap) and over time the residue can continue to slowly corrode any solder point that it touches, and slowly those connections can become loose or break.

So it's best to clean that bad stuff as soon as possible.