What Password manager is the best?

So I've always went by in life using similar passwords on and on and on. I know, I'm terrible and it's a Miracle I still have my online security..

But now I want to secure up my stuff and get a password manager, like LastPass or Dashlane. And I don't know which one to pick?

What are you guys' experiences with this and what are the pro's and cons you've ran into?

Tanks! 

I used to use Kee Pass but got fraustrated at how local it is. So then switched to Last Pass. It's better cause I can access from where ever I am at on what ever device I'm using but their are some annoying little problems I'm willing to look over. 

12 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

Your brain or a physical notepad.

My brain isn't good for much at all and I don't think it's wise to bring a physical notepad with me in case I ever need a password.

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

And use multi-factor authentication whenever possible.

If it's an option I always am

3 minutes ago, bindydad123 said:

I used to use Kee Pass but got fraustrated at how local it is. So then switched to Last Pass. It's better cause I can access from where ever I am at on what ever device I'm using but their are some annoying little problems I'm willing to look over. 

What are those little problems if I may ask?

11 minutes ago, bindydad123 said:

I used to use Kee Pass but got fraustrated at how local it is.

That's literally like the main selling point of Keepass ?

It's for people who don't want to have to worry about this:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/06/password-manager-lastpass-warns-of-breach/

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/09/lastpass-fixes-bug-that-leaked-the-password-of-last-logged-in-account/

https://www.zdnet.com/article/lastpass-bug-leaks-credentials-from-previous-site/

27 minutes ago, keenhydra said:

What are those little problems if I may ask?

It's "local" (not a problem if you ask me) so if you are out, you'll need a copy of the database with you.

FWIW, KeepPass works on android and iphone as well.

Best password manager, hands down. Amazingly powerful. Very secure.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

i use lastpass on my pc & smartphone 

bitwarden is opensource - selfhosted

keepass is also good but to much work for me tbh

5 hours ago, keenhydra said:

So I've always went by in life using similar passwords on and on and on. I know, I'm terrible and it's a Miracle I still have my online security..

But now I want to secure up my stuff and get a password manager, like LastPass or Dashlane. And I don't know which one to pick?

What are you guys' experiences with this and what are the pro's and cons you've ran into?

Tanks! 

Make a Notepad of each Category of Logins and Passwords. Reset all your old passwords and make them 20 character random numbers, characters, symbols, etc. I like to use https://passwordsgenerator.net/.

Then take those notepad files put them into a folder organized however u want. Encrypt it however u want, or don't up to u. Then buy 4 16gb flash drives Put a copy of each of the Account/Logins folder on them, along with other important files such as Tax docs, SSN, Birth cert, family photos/wedding photos/kids photos, etc etc. ONLY ESSENTIALS not everything or else it won't fit. 

Then Open up a Safe deposit box if u don't already have one open with your tax docs, real SSN card, Birth cert, etc etc in it. Put the originals in there along with this flashdrive. U can also print out the Notepad files. Combine them into a new Notepad file with all of them combined into it from the others. Print that out and put in Safe deposit box.Then put another Flashdrive in your own personal Fireproof safe in your house. 

I don't trust those corps to hold my passwords, neither should u. They've gotten hacked and passwords have been leaked, and those who haven't yet will. In the community companies like them who flaunt that they hold all these passwords and act as if they are secure. Have a huge target on there heads for hackers just as a I did that sort of thing. Cause of that and a few other I don't trust those companies. U can if u like but if u take the initiative like I listed above then u will be safer.