what bios do you recommend for my board?

Go to solution Solved by Ravz,

Most motherboards shipped should have the latest BIOS installed. If not, then it's definitely the newest release from the manufacturer.

just recently bought an ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard should arrive today so i dont know what bios version it ships with but im just curious what bios version do you recommend for this board that has good performance and stability for a 2700

am i missing something? i didnt even know you could choose your BIOS, dont you just use what comes installed on the motherboard?

feel free to correct me, i have alot to learn

Most motherboards shipped should have the latest BIOS installed. If not, then it's definitely the newest release from the manufacturer.

3 minutes ago, idwt said:

am i missing something? i didnt even know you could choose your BIOS, dont you just use what comes installed on the motherboard?

feel free to correct me, i have alot to learn

@idwt general rule of thumb is never update the bios unless it fixes and issue you have with the current bios or adds support for a new feature but yes you can update it from your mothboards website

2 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@idwt general rule of thumb is never update the bios unless it fixes and issue you have with the current bios or adds support for a new feature but yes you can update it from your mothboards website

i know you can update the bios, but you are talking about using a differant bios?

2 minutes ago, idwt said:

i know you can update the bios, but you are talking about using a differant bios?

I believe @dreamcast4599 is talking about the updated BIOS version of their board. Not a completely different incompatible BIOS.

Ex: Asus BIOS 3002 or BIOS 3004. They're asking if they should update from 02 to 04.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

6 minutes ago, Ravz said:

This is very very untrue. Only if a serious BIOS bug is caught after release or if a new revision is released with new CPU support will boards be updated OOTB.

14 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

just recently bought an ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard should arrive today so i dont know what bios version it ships with but im just curious what bios version do you recommend for this board that has good performance and stability for a 2700

Always run the latest version, especially with ZEN where microcode is updated with BIOS updates.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

This is very very untrue. Only if a serious BIOS bug is caught after release or if a new revision is released with new CPU support will boards be updated OOTB.

Always run the latest version, especially with ZEN where microcode is updated with BIOS updates.

Maybe the OP should mark this as the best answer :)