so... David di franco

Lil Chillbil

its funny when i saw this video i thought i know you want me to feel bad for you but i dont so i disliked it. I understand that it is hard to make money, but atleast do it in  a more tasteful way like linus for example. He started doing giveaways and selling off review items now he does contributor. we are getting something in return for our donations yea its just an award on a forum, but atleast he isnt begging for it

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Why is internet begging becoming a popular thing? Even Linus is starting to do it. Is Adsense not paying as well as it used to? Maybe its time to move onto something else?

essentially yes since google hasn't figured a way to monetize mobile views which on these days is a considerable amount

also who the hell is this guy? I've never heard of this channel before? Can someone tell me in a nutshell what it does?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

essentially yes since google hasn't figured a way to monetize mobile views which on these days is a considerable amount

also who the hell is this guy? I've never heard of this channel before? Can someone tell me in a nutshell what it does?

He is a guy that sees his audience as a cash cow. Just like more and more people are starting to do. It think its pretty pathetic when you see people on youtube begging for money in the form of 'donations'.

He makes videos about Apple stuff, as well as other popular technology stuff.

He is a guy that sees his audience as a cash cow. Just like more and more people are starting to do. It think its pretty pathetic when you see people on youtube begging for money in the form of 'donations'.

He makes videos about Apple stuff, as well as other popular technology stuff.

hmm seems like he's the tech version of pewdiepie

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

hmm seems like he's the tech version of pewdiepie

Pewdiepie gets more than 10,000 viewers on average though. LOL.

why is everyone so negativ about him asking for money?

Linus had first blood, now contributor. and more ads will follow, too.

I don't see the problem.

I can't speak for anyone else, but it bothers me because he's going to get a new 2013 Mac Pro and create more of same kind of videos( "first tastes" of mountain dew, promotion of scams, and ignorant/biased tech videos which he later defends as being "his opinion"). People are going to whine and complain about it, threaten to unsub, until he "does it for them"(as in banning them from his channel).

Donating to Linus would have a completely different result. You can actually see the improvements he;s made and continues to make with his content and forum. When I donate my hard earned money, I can guaranteed improvements will be made and that they will be able to continue to do what they're doing. David has shown time and time again, that he only really cares about money and his own ego. 

I'm not afraid to admit that I could be wrong though, he might actually create better content and improve, but like I said with his history it probably won't happen. 

its funny when i saw this video i thought i know you want me to feel bad for you but i dont so i disliked it. I understand that it is hard to make money, but atleast do it in  a more tasteful way like linus for example. He started doing giveaways and selling off review items now he does contributor. we are getting something in return for our donations yea its just an award on a forum, but atleast he isnt begging for it

I agree. That is the major difference between the two. If you're willing to buy next-gen consoles and their exclusives(for both consoles) at launch(he doesn't even do anything gaming related on his channel), the newest iPhone every year, and keep an "Apple Shrine" of all the apple products you've bought over years, and never use anymore, on shelf for you to look at, I don't feel you should be surprised when people get upset that you ask them to help you buy a $3000 computer. You'd think that if creating content was so important to your lively hood or to your viewers that that would be your first priority.

wait, so this jackass funded his personal computer "dream" with kickstarter essentially, zzzzzzzzzzz................................

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Never even heard of him  until this thread.

That was so low of him. His current Mac is not even broken and he can still afford to buy all that apple stuffs and new consoles. Ive watched his office tour video and he mentioned he'll keep that old Mac Pro and will still be using it on daily basis. So basically that new Mac Pro is more of a 'I want' than 'I need'. We didn't see any ebegging from Austin even after that horrific fire incident where he basically lost almost everything.

As you all know if you follow him he started a campaign to raise some money for his New mac pro. 

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/david-di-franco-s-mac-pro-campaign

I have the top comment on that video just for saying I unsubbed

Now i'm getting comments on my videos every hour telling me to kill myself, that my videos are horrible, and that I bring nothing to the table. And then of course there was a swarm of dislikes and copyright reports to my channel from ****ing immuture people...

Is this the kind of world we live in to where no one can state their opinion without people with way to much time on their hands defending someone who they don't even know?

discuss,

You should not be immature, no one cares if you unsub you just sound like a 12 year old on the internet

Why does this guy even need a mac pro?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Why does this guy even need a mac pro?

He wants one.

I used to be subscribed to him years ago but realised how much of a f**k face he is. I hate the guys guts because he says "Oh I don't hate Android" buys for example the Nexus 7 tablet and then sells it because of some bulls*** reasoning.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

in my opinion the sort of people who post "unsubbed" comments deserve a bit of youtube comment section hate. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

in my opinion the sort of people who post "unsubbed" comments deserve a bit of youtube comment section hate. 

But do they deserve to banned from the channel altogether by the uploader?

But do they deserve to banned from the channel altogether by the uploader?

Either they were being honest in unsubbing and the ban would not really effect them 

or they were just being an annoying whiner in which case I would not want them posting any more silly comments on my channel if it was me. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I guess that makes sense. But at the same time people post silly comments all the time, to troll or as a joke, it's the internet. If you banned everyone for making silly comments you'd end up banning a ton of people. They're like ants.

And I can understand how they can be immature, but I feel it's equally as immature to go so far as to ban someone for expressing a non-threatening comment on a public channel. The only thing really being threatened is the ego of uploader. That's what I really have a problem with. Don't ask for my opinion, or expect to have interaction in the comments, if you're just going to ban me because you either don't like it or find it annoying. There was one guy complaining on twitter that he was banned by David because, and I quote, "he was trying to make him look bad".

Not sure why but that dude has always rubbed me the wrong way. He just seems... meh. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless