Should I buy a 4k TV or 4k monitor (both IPS Panels)

Umer UB

Hi I am planning to buy a new monitor or a TV for photo/video editing and Graphic design. I am very confused right now as 28" is small for a 4k monitor and the bigger option I have is a 43" 4k Tv. both are from LG and both have IPS panel. I am currently using Macbook Pro 15" 2018 model. 

My main concern is, which one will have better color accuracy and easy to sit in front of for 7-10 hours. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/uhd-u32j590/

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD69P-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor#

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-43UK6300PLB#

We cant really tell u the better one if u dont tell us the Model Names of both tv and Monitor and i would prf 28 above 43 at typical desk work every time 

and also may have better input response.

I really would go for a monitor as monitors and tv's work quite differently (color enhancing on tv's is always a concern for professionals).

Also maybe you could get a 32" 4k Monitor?

A monitor will usually have lower latency (time between a frame sent by the video card and the frame actually being shown on panel) but some mid-high end TVs have "game mode" or "no post processing" mode or "pc input" modes where the latency is reduced significantly

High latency can be annoying in some games like first person shooters and games where very low reaction times matter (like maybe super meat boy or that nintendo game with characters that fight)

So yeah a tv can be an option but it's up to you to do the research and read reviews and see if you'd be satisfied with the particular tv you're thinking of, before buying one.

A 43" tv will not be comfortable to sit infront of on a desk for any amount of time. 
Monitor 100%

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

32 minutes ago, Umer UB said:

Hi I am planning to buy a new monitor or a TV for photo/video editing and Graphic design. I am very confused right now as 28" is small for a 4k monitor and the bigger option I have is a 43" 4k Tv. both are from LG and both have IPS panel. 

My main concern is, which one will have better color accuracy and easy to sit in front of for 7-10 hours. 

yeah I forgot to attach the links. here are the both models.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD69P-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor#

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-43UK6300PLB#

If you are doing graphic design and video editing you probably want something with really good color accuracy.. I know that LG tv says thats what it has but yeah i would really do some research into it.

9 hours ago, Umer UB said:

as 28" is small for a 4k monitor

Have you looked into ultrawide?

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

16 hours ago, caldrin said:

If you are doing graphic design and video editing you probably want something with really good color accuracy.. I know that LG tv says thats what it has but yeah i would really do some research into it.

yeah, according to LG, their monitors and TVs both have IPS panels and color accurate. that is the reason I got confused. 

9 hours ago, Shrekpad said:

Have you looked into ultrawide?

which one, almost every ultra wide display is for gaming with higher refresh rate. i.e 1080p with like 120 or 144 hz. 

6 hours ago, Umer UB said:

which one, almost every ultra wide display is for gaming with higher refresh rate. i.e 1080p with like 120 or 144 hz. 

No, there’s ultrawides with 5120x2160 at 60hz. But I was wrong, I can’t seem to find one that is IPS and they’re also very expensive.

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10