I Need a little help

I have a asus striker 2 extreme motherboard. I lost the error code shower thing. For CPU I have a Intel 06 q9400 Intel core 2 quad. I have 2xcm3x2048-1333c9dhx. And a gtx 760 2gb and a 600 wat psu. When I try to boot the orange light comes on and no video. I've checked all the pins on the motherboard for the CPU and I've tried all slots for the ram but still nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

2 hours ago, epro911 said:

I've checked all the pins on the motherboard for the CPU and I've tried all slots for the ram but still nothing

did you take the CPU off the motherboard? if so, did you replace the thermal paste? probably not the issue tho...

what OS do you run? if you run windows, try a hard restart. i know they have a key combo for macOS but idk about windows. i had a similar issue on my 2010 mac and it worked after the hard restart!

Try it maybe?

Intel 06

never heard of an intel 06

also what socket type does your computer use? the cpu uses a LGA775 socket, so if you recently upgraded, that might be the problem. also, are you sure the cpu is compatible?

6 minutes ago, BazookaB3n said:

also what socket type does your computer use? the cpu uses a LGA775 socket, so if you recently upgraded, that might be the problem. also, are you sure the cpu is compatible?

Maybe he meant the year.... however it's wrong, the cpu was released in 2008. 

I lost the error code shower thing.

Usually when that happens, The board is done. 

3 hours ago, BazookaB3n said:

did you take the CPU off the motherboard? if so, did you replace the thermal paste? probably not the issue tho...

what OS do you run? if you run windows, try a hard restart. i know they have a key combo for macOS but idk about windows. i had a similar issue on my 2010 mac and it worked after the hard restart!

Try it maybe?

Like I said I get no video at all and I don't think resetting windows would fix that when I don't have the hard drive plugged in. Also how would I check the pins without taking out the cpu

3 hours ago, BazookaB3n said:

It is an Intel 06 q9400 Intel core 2 quad not just a intel 06 and it is compatible 

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Maybe he meant the year.... however it's wrong, the cpu was released in 2008. 

Usually when that happens, The board is done. 

What do you mean by the board is done I just lost the little thing that plugs into the board and shows the error code

55 minutes ago, epro911 said:

What do you mean by the board is done I just lost the little thing that plugs into the board and shows the error code

Oh, here I thought you meant it stopped displaying codes. 

Stupid specifics.

5 hours ago, epro911 said:

That helps none

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking, I thought you meant you misplaced the BIOS error code page, so I was showing you where the mobo manual was.

Are you saying there's an attachment to the motherboard that shows you the error codes? 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, epro911 said:

Also how would I check the pins without taking out the cpu

You couldn't, you'd have to take out the CPU, but unless it's never worked, then removing the CPU wouldn't be helpful.

Let me ask you this, does the motherboard have a speaker on it, or do you have one you can attach to the mobo?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

You couldn't, you'd have to take out the CPU, but unless it's never worked, then removing the CPU wouldn't be helpful.

Let me ask you this, does the motherboard have a speaker on it, or do you have one you can attach to the mobo?

Nope

5 hours ago, epro911 said:

Nope

Ok, so what changed between the last time it worked, and the time it didn't?

10 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, so what changed between the last time it worked, and the time it didn't?

This used to be my step dad's and he cant remember what was in it but I have tried 3 different compatible cups the GPU is different but I've tried one that I know works as well and the psu is different but know that works. The ram I have checked compatibility but idk if the ram is dead or not.

dead or not

What you need, is to go down to a local computer shop, and beg/buy/borrow/steal a speaker that will connect to the mobo.

Beep codes will tell us way more.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

What you need, is to go down to a local computer shop, and beg/buy/borrow/steal a speaker that will connect to the mobo.

Beep codes will tell us way more.

I found the LCD poster and it says cpu init

Idk what I did but now nothing happens when I press the power button 

12 hours ago, epro911 said:

I found the LCD poster and it says cpu init

Ok, with that error code, you can look into the mobo manual and see what it says about it. Sounds like perhaps the CPU has failed

10 hours ago, epro911 said:

Idk what I did but now nothing happens when I press the power button 

Did you check the power supply switch, ensure it's not accidentally been turned off?

11 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, with that error code, you can look into the mobo manual and see what it says about it. Sounds like perhaps the CPU has failed

Did you check the power supply switch, ensure it's not accidentally been turned off?

The psu was plugged in it just didn't do anything and the power button is on the board.

And like I said I've tried 3 different compatible cpus but none of them work.

10 hours ago, epro911 said:

The psu was plugged in it just didn't do anything and the power button is on the board.

Most modern power supplies have a switch on the supply itself that can shut off the power, independent of the switch on the motherboard. I was just asking if that had accidentally been turned off. But if you are certain that was set to on, then it sounds like the mobo is dead.

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Most modern power supplies have a switch on the supply itself that can shut off the power, independent of the switch on the motherboard. I was just asking if that had accidentally been turned off. But if you are certain that was set to on, then it sounds like the mobo is dead.

Well thanks for the help.

29 minutes ago, epro911 said:

Well thanks for the help.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, a motherboard speaker would help because it might give us beep codes, which we could use to troubleshoot things.

I assume you've done the CMOS reset?

On 2/21/2020 at 8:33 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, a motherboard speaker would help because it might give us beep codes, which we could use to troubleshoot things.

I assume you've done the CMOS reset?

Yup but I may have found the issue I think it's the psu