Razer Hunstman Elite vs SteelSeries Apex Pro

MagpieMate

Hello.

I'm looking for a new keyboard and I price really isn't a concern for me. These are the two I've narrowed it down to. I had a Razer Blackwidow, however the wrist rest tore, which is my primary worry. I know they are both top of the line boards, but I'm wondering what others agree on.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Elijahpro3 said:

-snip-

Steelseries has the volume wheel and alterable actuation distance while Razer has better keycaps and stabilizers.  You could always get the Steelseries and buy better caps but that's going to net you well over $250 for only a fairly decent board.

The boards are alright but I they're absolutely not worth the price tag.  Ducky, Poker, Cooler Master and Glorious, on the other hand, all make great offerings for the price.  The GMMK from Glorious is especially good because of it's hotswap that supports significantly better switches such as Zealios/Tealios (but you'll need to snip the PCB mounting stems because the GMMK doesn't have holes for them)

I personally tested a SteelSeries and couldn't even resist it: im pretty sure it was the Apex Pro. If it was, then its switches feel totally membrane, and it isnt stable at all and is not sturdy at all. Also the SteelSeries Apex Pros RGB isnt the best. Reminds me a bit of the K95 Platinum by Corsair, which is just utterly butterly ugly.

Then, on the other hand, the Huntsman Elite brings a more then sturdy build, stunning RGB, opto-mechanical switches, best wrist rest in the market, nice multimedia dials (I know the Apex has them, but the Huntsman Elites look a lot better.) and a superior design, in my opinion.

Its your money, your choice. I would suggest just going with the DROP CTRL, i personally own one and its great.

2 hours ago, SnowTech said:

I personally tested a SteelSeries and couldn't even resist it: im pretty sure it was the Apex Pro. If it was, then its switches feel totally membrane, and it isnt stable at all and is not sturdy at all. Also the SteelSeries Apex Pros RGB isnt the best. Reminds me a bit of the K95 Platinum by Corsair, which is just utterly butterly ugly.

Then, on the other hand, the Huntsman Elite brings a more then sturdy build, stunning RGB, opto-mechanical switches, best wrist rest in the market, nice multimedia dials (I know the Apex has them, but the Huntsman Elites look a lot better.) and a superior design, in my opinion.

Its your money, your choice. I would suggest just going with the DROP CTRL, i personally own one and its great.

The keyboard you tried probably had SteelSeries's own Omron switches, which are very wobbly/mushy. The Apex PRO has "hall-effect" optical switches, which are not mushy. They also feel smoother than most of the stock switches on the market. I wouldn't choose either of the boards for the price, but I would take the Apex PRO over the Huntsman.

22 hours ago, yalox said:

The keyboard you tried probably had SteelSeries's own Omron switches, which are very wobbly/mushy. The Apex PRO has "hall-effect" optical switches, which are not mushy. They also feel smoother than most of the stock switches on the market. I wouldn't choose either of the boards for the price, but I would take the Apex PRO over the Huntsman.

I would just take the Drop CTRL or BlackWidow Elite, cheaper then the huntsman Elite and has most of the features.