iPhone XS max and iPhone XS wifi issues

My wife and daughter have two iPhones and yesterday, they both started having issues with their wifi. The other devices in the house work normally. The router is an TP-link archer AC 1200. 

The funny thing is, that when I've tried just about everything else I can thi k of, except for a factory reset of the phones. I think of the guest network function on the router. So I made a new network, and thir access to the internet works fine. But they can't use chrlmecasts etc in the house, because I don't want to grant an unsecured network local access, so everyone can connect to it. 

The phones connect to the router, at least it says so on their phones. But when I check on the router client list, their phones doesn't come up. - Note that this is only an issue with the encrypted network, not the guest network. 

Anyone know a workaround, except a factory reset? - I've Google quite a bit around about resetting network settings, forgetting the network, reconnect, reboot the router, update the router firmware etc. But still the same issue. 

A very clumsily written post, I know.. ?

Might want to log into the router and do a network map cleanup and reset the iPhone network settings. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

Might want to log into the router and do a network map cleanup and reset the iPhone network settings. 

Network map clean up? Just like resetting the router to the starting point? I might try this. Even though I find it weird that all other devices, including TVs and Android phones work without a hitch.