Increasing internet speed

Wictorian

I see videos about increasing the internet speed either by using vpn or changing dns / channel.

Is it true and how can I do it exactly? 

7 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

I see videos about increasing the internet speed either by using vpn or changing dns / channel.

Is it true and how can I do it exactly? 

No, a VPN will slow things down, it won't speed things up, unless your ISP is specifically throttling some websites or services you use and a VPN allows you to bypass that throttling.

As for DNS, it will speed up hostname-to-IP-address conversion, nothing else; it won't reduce latency in games, it won't make your downloads faster or anything like that. It will slightly make web-browsing snappier, but not to any sort of a huge effect.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

a VPN only speeds things up if the "default path" for your traffic is trough a heavily congested area, and the VPN just so happens to go around it.

as for changing your DNS server, its mostly a matter of faster conversion from hostname to ip address, it'll maybe speed up loading a webpage by a second or so, depending on how slow your usual DNS server is.

actual line speed? no.

Resolving speed? depends.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

45 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

No, a VPN will slow things down, it won't speed things up, unless your ISP is specifically throttling some websites or services you use and a VPN allows you to bypass that throttling.

As for DNS, it will speed up hostname-to-IP-address conversion, nothing else; it won't reduce latency in games, it won't make your downloads faster or anything like that. It will slightly make web-browsing snappier, but not to any sort of a huge effect.

I dont mind about the latency

They tell that we are fighting with neighbours over the bandwidth. And we shall get higher priority, I guess?

7 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

They tell that we are fighting with neighbours over the bandwidth. And we shall get higher priority, I guess?

No, your ISP controls who gets how much bandwidth. You can't control that, not even with a VPN.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.