Experiencing screen tearing in Kovaak 2.0: The Meta

goldythefish36

Hello so I've been experiencing screen tearing for the past couple of days. I'll leave specs below if needed. Anyways so I have a 144hz monitor with free-sync, but I have g-sync enabled because I have a nvidia gpu. I cap my fps on 144 in kovaak.

GPU: gtx 1060 6GB

CPU: intel core i5-7600

RAM: 16GB

MONITOR: G2460PF

If there is anything else you need to know just ask. It's very frustrating to have screen tearing.

My guess is while you have a 144fps cap you may not be hitting it with that gpu.  When you say your monitor is “freesynch” do you mean adaptive synch?  If a monitor is freesynch but no gsynch having gsynch enabled will do nothing.  Nvidia just came out with a thing that will allow Nvidia monitors to do freesynch as well as gsynch though which may solve your problem.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Gsync and Freesync are two different technologies, made by Nvidia and AMD, respectively. They unfortunately cannot work interchangeably, so you'll either need to change your graphics card or monitor to utilize either feature. It's also worth pointing out that regardless of what you change, both Freesync and Gsync only work over displayport, not HDMI

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My guess is while you have a 144fps cap you may not be hitting it with that gpu.  When you say your monitor is “freesynch” do you mean adaptive synch?  If a monitor is freesynch but no gsynch having gsynch enabled will do nothing.  Nvidia just came out with a thing that will allow Nvidia monitors to do freesynch as well as gsynch though which may solve your problem.

Nvm I think the problem may be that kovaak 2.0 has fps drops and bugs and makes it extremely lagging sometimes. Also I was told enabling g-sync with the monitor I had would get rid of the screen tearing and it worked yesterday (you should find the thread if you look through my profile)

3 minutes ago, HagelBagel said:

Gsync and Freesync are two different technologies, made by Nvidia and AMD, respectively. They unfortunately cannot work interchangeably, so you'll either need to change your graphics card or monitor to utilize either feature. It's also worth pointing out that regardless of what you change, both Freesync and Gsync only work over displayport, not HDMI

Check what I said above