Future proof

Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,
52 minutes ago, Tisham said:

Is the new i3 9100f future proof with a good mother board + gtx 1060 / 1660 (zotac)...... 

Or should i get ryzen 5 3500 with rx 550 gpu and good motherboard

From this bracket, i say Ryzen will be more "future proof" than the i3, why?

- Whenever you need, you can upgrade to the top cpu with 16 cores. On Intel it's 8 cores max (9900k). That's a very long way to go.

- You might be able (it's not confirmed but possible) to upgrade to Ryzen 4000 without changing motherboard, whereas the Intel 9000 will need a new one if you want to upgrade to the 10th gen.

- PCI-E 4.0

Also if you want to get the 3500, don't waste your money on the RX550, better get the 3400g with integrated gpu that performs the same.

Get a RX570 or gtx 1060 at least.

Is the new i3 9100f future proof with a good mother board + gtx 1060 / 1660 (zotac)...... 

nothing is future proof.

if you want a good upgrade path, get the Ryzen CPU, because the 4000 series will be compatible with current motherboards, while Intel is locked on 9th gen at best.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

as i said before, "future proofing" should not be used in building a PC, since nothing is actually future proof

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

neither of these are "future proof", i3 is bare minimum and r5 is ok for now

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

now this is confusin... Thats why i am asking....i am in tight budget...Don'twant to use 450$ for 1 years of gaming  

Like said beforfre future-proof doesnt excist.
But having a good upgrade path is definitely attainable.

I would advice Ryzen, since you can get a cheapo CPU on there now, and in maybe 5 years you can do that again without the need to change motherboard. (and i mean a good 2nd hand CPU, not new). That would be a good upgrade path.

Try that with Intel and you have bought 3 motherboards in the meantime plus the accompanying RAM...

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

26 minutes ago, Tisham said:

now this is confusin... Thats why i am asking....i am in tight budget...Don'twant to use 450$ for 1 years of gaming  

You can use the PC for more than one year. If anything, you might want to upgrade the GPU, but I seriously doubt the Ryzen 5 3500 will be obsolete in 2021.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

By "Future proof" he means a build that can be maintained as long as possible. Obviously nothing is future proof by literal meaning of the word.

AM4 platform has the best CPU's right now, and its gonna be compatible with Ryzen 4000 cpu's as well so go for that one.

2 minutes ago, lafrente said:

By "Future proof" he means a build that can be maintained as long as possible. Obviously nothing is future proof by literal meaning of the word.

AM4 platform has the best CPU's right now, and its gonna be compatible with Ryzen 4000 cpu's as well so go for that one.

We know what it means, we were trying to educate if you hadnt noticed. :)

But yes the AM4 platform is where you wanna be for having the good 'upgrade-path'.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

52 minutes ago, Tisham said:

- Whenever you need, you can upgrade to the top cpu with 16 cores. On Intel it's 8 cores max (9900k). That's a very long way to go.

- You might be able (it's not confirmed but possible) to upgrade to Ryzen 4000 without changing motherboard, whereas the Intel 9000 will need a new one if you want to upgrade to the 10th gen.

- PCI-E 4.0

Also if you want to get the 3500, don't waste your money on the RX550, better get the 3400g with integrated gpu that performs the same.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

- PCI-E 4.0

How about rx 560 / pulse readon rx 550 Oc(what is oc)  rather than Vega 8

1 minute ago, Tisham said:

How about gt 1030 rather than Vega 

Same crap as 550, don't do it.

Save some money go for RX570 or 1060.

Search ebay for some used ones, they are very cheap right now.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w