Gaming rig under 1000$ canadian

How will this build work for gaming? Want to stay under 1000$ CAD.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6xFH7T

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($185.30 @ Newegg Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.50) 
Memory: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($90.38 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Seagate FireCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($99.34 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($349.17 @ Canada Computers) 
Custom: Deepcool DA500 80Plus Bronze certified 500W Power Supply | 120mm PWM Silent Fan  ($62.13 @ Canada Computers) 
Custom: Corsair CC-9011138-WW Carbide Series SPEC-05 Mid-Tower Gaming Case, Black  ($70.00) 
Total: $960.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-09 10:54 EST-0500

1000$ canadien

You're not from Canada are you?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, theblastman21 said:

Mobile lol.

lol oops.

for the storage, I highly recommend an SSD since using a hybrid drive is mostly like using a hard drive.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/W3Jtt6/tcsunbow-x3-1-tb-25-solid-state-drive-x3-480gb-1

SSDs are so inexpensive these days, it's hard not to use one.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

lol oops.

for the storage, I highly recommend an SSD since using a hybrid drive is mostly like using a hard drive.

The one problem is that they get expensive. I'm used to using a hard drive so for me it shouldn't impact me all that much. Later down the road I may put in a SSD.

Just now, theblastman21 said:

The one problem is that they get expensive

I just linked a really cheap one though, it's cheaper than the hybrid drive and is still 500GB

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I just linked a really cheap one though, it's cheaper than the hybrid drive and is still 500GB

Found it. Thanks. Will use it instead. Any other comments?

Just now, theblastman21 said:

Found it. Thanks. Will use it instead. Any other comments?

overall it seems pretty solid for a budget build, unfortunately I don't know anything about the quality of that power supply

Primary PC:

You should pick CoolerMaster, Chieftec or ThermalTake PSU and minimum 600 Watts.

I heard that coffee's good for my sex life.

It isn't.

It kept me awake through the whole damn thing!

I actually had to participate.

- Jeff Dunham -

1 minute ago, Killjoy_NS said:

You should pick CoolerMaster, Chieftec or ThermalTake PSU and minimum 600 Watts.

500w are enough and you shouldn't pick on brand only. Each brand has quality units and bad units

Just now, boggy77 said:

500w are enough and you shouldn't pick on brand only. Each brand has quality units and bad units

TBH I've never heard for bad Chieftec units. That is just my experience, nothing else.

In 20 years, I've changed bunch of components and computers but only two ThermalTake PSUs.

500w is enough for that rig?

Ok, Ryzen 2600x is TDP like 65/95w right?

Yeah, 500w should be enough.

My mistake.

It isn't.

- Jeff Dunham -

15 hours ago, Killjoy_NS said:

TBH I've never heard for bad Chieftec units. That is just my experience, nothing else.

In 20 years, I've changed bunch of components and computers but only two ThermalTake PSUs.

That's not really a guarantee there won't be a bad unit. It's like a lottery. It's not likely to happen that you get a bad unit, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to happen.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 8:58 AM, Max1996LTT said:

That's not really a guarantee there won't be a bad unit. It's like a lottery. It's not likely to happen that you get a bad unit, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to happen.

Well, in my experience......GIGABYTE brand was always garbage.

Also BIOSTAR......and POWERCOLOR......

And right now I have a Gigabyte mobo and it serves me well.

Over the years.....all those brands (components) in computers were DEAD just after the warranty ends.

Also, lets take an example of CD's.....or DVD's.....VERBATIM.....best ever for me and for my SONY DVD/CD burners even ppl from around the world are like "WHAAAAT? Verbatim is a thrash".

PSU is a lottery.

But you should know, which brands are offering quality.

My brother is using only CHIEFTEC power supplies over the years.
He still has one of those old ones with 320W or something....and recently we measured output.....

You won't believe it!

That old "320W crap" still works flawlessly on his retro Pentium 4 PC. :D:D:D:D:D:D

It isn't.

- Jeff Dunham -

6 hours ago, Killjoy_NS said:

Well, in my experience......GIGABYTE brand was always garbage.

Also BIOSTAR......and POWERCOLOR......

And right now I have a Gigabyte mobo and it serves me well.

Over the years.....all those brands (components) in computers were DEAD just after the warranty ends.

Also, lets take an example of CD's.....or DVD's.....VERBATIM.....best ever for me and for my SONY DVD/CD burners even ppl from around the world are like "WHAAAAT? Verbatim is a thrash".

PSU is a lottery.

But you should know, which brands are offering quality.

My brother is using only CHIEFTEC power supplies over the years.
He still has one of those old ones with 320W or something....and recently we measured output.....

You won't believe it!

That old "320W crap" still works flawlessly on his retro Pentium 4 PC. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Can you buy a crap unit and have it work well for 10 years? Yes.

Does that mean that your sample size of 1 should be touted to people looking to build? Probably not.

Our PSU Tier List isn't an end-all-be-all list of good vs bad, but it is sorted handily by the levels of protection that units include.

As @boggy77 pointed out, all of the brands you mention have well made units with reasonable protections in place, and all of them have units that one might consider a fire hazard.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:56 AM, theblastman21 said:

Custom: Deepcool DA500 80Plus Bronze certified 500W Power Supply | 120mm PWM Silent Fan  ($62.13 @ Canada Computers) 

I can't speak to the quality of this unit. I'm not familiar with it. I will say that the majority of units in this price range are not worth considering.

That said, the System Power U9 or Corsair CX series are similarly priced and I can vouch for the quality there.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:56 AM, theblastman21 said:

How will this build work for gaming? Want to stay under 1000$ CAD.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6xFH7T

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($185.30 @ Newegg Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.50) 
Memory: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($90.38 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Seagate FireCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($99.34 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($349.17 @ Canada Computers) 
Custom: Corsair CC-9011138-WW Carbide Series SPEC-05 Mid-Tower Gaming Case, Black  ($70.00) 
Total: $960.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-09 10:54 EST-0500

A few tweaks:

• I wouldn't spend an extra $40 for the 2600X. The difference is extremely small, and that can make a difference throughout the build.
  • No reason to pay for a MAX board with a Zen+ CPU. The Pro4 is solid.
  • Upgraded to 3200mhz RAM
  • Upgraded to a very solid 1TB SSD for only a little more. Much better buy than a hybrid. (Samsung is on a great sale!)
  • Slight upgrade to the 1660Ti. If you were willing to go a few bucks more, an RTX 2060 would be a larger improvement, and only put you at a total of $1033.
  • I love the look of the Spec cases, but I don't mess with cases without a PSU shroud. There is no reason to in the modern age :P That may just be a personal thing.
  • Upgraded to a solid PSU.