ryzen 3700x 1.4 volts on load and when downloading is this safe

my ryzen 3700x volt goes up to 1.45/1.4  when downloading on steam and other stores is this normal 

10 minutes ago, crashcrash1 said:

my ryzen 3700x volt goes up to 1.45/1.4  when downloading on steam and other stores is this normal 

pretty normal boost behaviour, if the boost seems a bit to0 aggressive check that your chipset software is up to date and set power plan to ryzen balanced. Under a heavier load it drops down around 1.34 to 1.37 or something like that. It's safe because it only boosts voltage up that high under a low current draw period, just gets annoying if you don't have a ramp up delay on cpu fans because the temperatures bounce up and down a lot.

If you want to cut the boost behaviour down you can change your power plan to power saving or the non-ryzen balanced plan

Yes and no. Normal for short boost, but if it's constant than no.

My 3600 also did this before, constantly going in the 1.4V territory(and staying there) even when doing things that really shouldn't require that much power (like webbrowsing). But a BIOS update fixed it for me and it usually stays around 1.369V now.

If you haven't done so already, try updating the BIOS, especially if you've never updated it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

My R5 3600 goes to 1.475 just when browsing. (Latest MSI bios) It suddenly jumps 10c up in temps. Its normal, that's the way these CPU's work. They sleep when inactive so they need big voltage to wake up quickly. I put -0.5 mv offset to make the jumps little smoother. 

I would be worried about that voltage affecting your internet line when downloading. Your ISP might not like it if you kill their cables.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

I would be worried about that voltage affecting your internet line when downloading. Your ISP might not like it if you kill their cables.

please don't spread disinformation on the forum. It is funny though

16 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

pretty normal boost behaviour, if the boost seems a bit to0 aggressive check that your chipset software is up to date and set power plan to ryzen balanced. Under a heavier load it drops down around 1.34 to 1.37 or something like that. It's safe because it only boosts voltage up that high under a low current draw period, just gets annoying if you don't have a ramp up delay on cpu fans because the temperatures bounce up and down a lot.

If you want to cut the boost behaviour down you can change your power plan to power saving or the non-ryzen balanced plan

Installed 1usmus power plan bit better i notice that too i got 3700x in a x370 rog crosshair VI did get high temps lowered vcore voltage 0.07500  or 0.10000.I had problems before so many bios setting but now seems it boost better on multi thread apps now got some chart from reddit did help me could do the same for somebody else i need to do more research not as easy as to oc on a older 2400g like i had in my system before the 3700x! 

multi 4899.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.08 - 13.03.33.05.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.08 - 15.36.24.94.png

25 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yes and no. Normal for short boost, but if it's constant than no.

My 3600 also did this before, constantly going in the 1.4V territory(and staying there) even when doing things that really shouldn't require that much power (like webbrowsing). But a BIOS update fixed it for me and it usually stays around 1.369V now.

If you haven't done so already, try updating the BIOS, especially if you've never updated it.

it only seems to do it when downloading something on steam or other game clients like that but once i pause the download it shoots back down again. if i browse internet or go idle volts hardly reach 1.4. i find it odd that only steam downloads etc does this. i have bios and chipset updated and currently on ryzen balanced. 

5 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

Installed 1usmus power plan bit better i notice that too i got 3700x in a x370 rog crosshair VI did get high temps lowered vcore voltage 0.07500  or 0.10000.I had problems before so many bios setting but now seems it boost better on multi thread apps now got some chart from reddit did help me could do the same for somebody else i need to do more research not as easy as to oc on a older 2400g like i had in my system before the 3700x! 

multi 4899.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.08 - 13.03.33.05.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.08 - 15.36.24.94.png

how come your score is 4800 plus mine only reaches around 4600+ score on cinebench. 

1 minute ago, crashcrash1 said:

how come your score is 4800 plus mine only reaches around 4600+ score on cinebench. 

I think he said something about an undervolt along with a custom power plan, plus they're probably running with power limits off for boost. If their cooling solution is better this would also give a healthy boost in synthetic tests

4 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

I think he said something about an undervolt along with a custom power plan, plus they're probably running with power limits off for boost. If their cooling solution is better this would also give a healthy boost in synthetic tests

oh yeah just read again and saw he was using the custom powerplan. how do u turn off power limits for boost or should just leave mine the way it is. 

2 hours ago, crashcrash1 said:

oh yeah just read again and saw he was using the custom powerplan. how do u turn off power limits for boost or should just leave mine the way it is. 

I got a x370 crosshair VI so much option in the bios even i have a hard time to understand it yeah i got a minus voltage on the cpu -0.07500 or -0.10000 and got 1usmus  or ryzen high performance power plan rest is set to auto as i have not enough knowledge on these new cpu's.

g1zi7y-6.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.09 - 13.07.06.67.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.09 - 13.14.24.62.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.09 - 13.36.34.61.png