Intel vs AMD

Hello,

I think the FX8350 started to show it's age, my computer has gone much slower in some simple tasks. System has gone through many formats, and is slow in some basic tasks even in fresh windows installation. Obviously using SSD.

My older PC tho with a Intel Core 2 Duo does not the same weakness, it can't run heavy tasks but on simple tasks it runs fine.

Is this the difference between Intel and AMD? Will this be the same situation in the new Ryzen CPUs?

Should my next CPU be Ryzen or Intel?

help me out :)

7 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

Hello,

I think the FX8350 started to show it's age, my computer has gone much slower in some simple tasks. System has gone through many formats, and is slow in some basic tasks even in fresh windows installation. Obviously using SSD.

My older PC tho with a Intel Core 2 Duo does not the same weakness, it can't run heavy tasks but on simple tasks it runs fine.

Is this the difference between Intel and AMD? Will this be the same situation in the new Ryzen CPUs?

Should my next CPU be Ryzen or Intel?

help me out :)

All depends what kind of budget you have. Ryzen is very good cpu, so you can’t go wrong picking up one of them. 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

I'm an ex FX users. Ryzen fixed most of the FX flaws like high temp and low IPC.

Upgrade to Ryzen and you will not regret it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, Whiro said:

All depends what kind of budget you have. Ryzen is very good cpu, so you can’t go wrong picking up one of them. 

budget is not an issue, just wondering why my core 2 duo is performing better on basic tasks than my fx8350.

my 6600k is also very good, never had a single issue.

im thinking 3600x vs 9600k

You should compare it with the same boot drive.

Usually slowness can also depends on how much program running in the background, the health of the SSD, memory left etc.

Since i think your using the FX as the main cpu, you will have more junks than the core 2.

I owned both system in the past, i can attest you that the FX is much faster than core 2 system at fresh installation.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

42 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

3600 non-x or perhaps 3700x dependikg on the motherboard selection

what you think will be better, the heaviest task im going to do in that system is having 3-4 browsers open with 20+ tabs each

and some basic windows use, moving files, copying files, chatting etc

1 minute ago, patriotaki said:

what you think will be better, the heaviest task im going to do in that system is having 3-4 browsers open with 20+ tabs each

The 9600K is already reaching its limit in many games and tasks. The 3600X is more powerful, runs cooler, uses less power, has an upgrade path up to 16-core Zen3 CPUs this year and doesn't suffer from the dozen severe intel security issues. i5s are dead and have been dead for two years now.

If gaming and CPU intensive tasks aren't a focus, might as well get the 1600AF. The price difference can be used to get something more meaningful for your use case like memory or a SSD.

13 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

So this is a office system with not GPU?

17 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

3600 would be plentiful here 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

8 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

3600 would be plentiful here 

16gb or 32gb ram? what would be best

12 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

16gb or 32gb ram? what would be best

I meant the CPU. 

16GB of ram is fine. No need for 32GB unless you are going to do some heavy editing 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 hours ago, patriotaki said:

just wondering why my core 2 duo is performing better on basic tasks than my fx8350.

I see that you OC'd the FX, what's your core voltage under load?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

How is this build looking? Is the cpu cooler necessary ? i want the system to be silent

image.thumb.png.8ab2b3113579e0bf1b617b2abfe2eb33.png

Build Updated

I will buy a second NVME and put it in a enclosure for portability for backup files

changed to a cheaper mobo and main nvme

image.thumb.png.034e192d254d7e10bfca9401d12b9e9b.png

a pentium socket 774 extreme 4gb ddr2 hooked up with sata III works just as snappy for general tasks as an AMD A10 cpu running windows 10 with ddr 3.

Reinventing the wheel causes waste.

2 hours ago, Za69uzZ said:

a pentium socket 774 extreme 4gb ddr2 hooked up with sata III works just as snappy for general tasks as an AMD A10 cpu running windows 10 with ddr 3.

Reinventing the wheel causes waste.

you clearly missed that im transferring around 50.000 tiny files multiple times a day.. sata iii wont help at all lol.

9 hours ago, patriotaki said:

you clearly missed that im transferring around 50.000 tiny files multiple times a day.. sata iii wont help at all lol.

i know is why i use a 10 port pcie x3 sata III controller :)

still, there are games the old intel 774 form factor just can't reach but most steam games no problem