Is it a viable option to buy a monitor for my laptop?

It's been uncomfortable for me to game while hunched over at a 17 inch screen. I don't have enough money to go for a completely new desktop build, so I was wondering if it would be okay to just buy an external monitor (and keyboard), plug 'em in to my laptop and just put said laptop on the side? I just want the desktop gaming experience is all. If this is possible then I have a couple follow-up questions:

1) Would my laptop be able to handle it? Brand, model, and specs are in my sig. 

2) I'm looking for a monitor that won't hurt my wallet too much, and so far I've narrowed down my decision to either the NVision IP22V1 or the SpectrePro G22SL. Which one should I get? Or are there other options in the same price point (which is pretty much my budget)?

Thanks guys.

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

What do you mean by on the side? 

other than that just choose which one has the best spec, response time and doesn't have motion blur. That would be my two sense. Computer will handle it just fine. 

Unfortunately I am not familiar with those two brands. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

26 minutes ago, bodoy said:

It's been uncomfortable for me to game while hunched over at a 17 inch screen. I don't have enough money to go for a completely new desktop build, so I was wondering if it would be okay to just buy an external monitor (and keyboard), plug 'em in to my laptop and just put said laptop on the side? I just want the desktop gaming experience is all. If this is possible then I have a couple follow-up questions:

1) Would my laptop be able to handle it? Brand, model, and specs are in my sig. 

2) I'm looking for a monitor that won't hurt my wallet too much, and so far I've narrowed down my decision to either the NVision IP22V1 or the SpectrePro G22SL. Which one should I get? Or are there other options in the same price point (which is pretty much my budget)?

Thanks guys.

IM using the acer lcd bang for the buck of el cheapo - athelete of linus videos of range prices, is the acer of 60-70 flrs ips, 1080 p i think its 21 inch. 

also i have a cheapo benq sense eye 19 inch, bro from 19 inch up i dont not notice hassle in gaming, for me 19 is the bare minimum.

40 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

What do you mean by on the side? 

I mean like I'll just place the laptop somewhere on the side or somewhere other than my desk so I get the most real estate for my monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

41 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

Unfortunately I am not familiar with those two brands. 

Ah, I thought this was a common brand in the US as well. Basically they're cheapo gaming monitors I found online that got pretty good reviews and are below $80.

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

As long as the laptop doesn't fall over it should be fine. As far as the monitors. Look at the reviews, dig into them to see if people complain of issues then make a decision. That is the best advice I can think of at the moment. 

As far as those brands, never seen them here in the US. Couldn;t find them on Amazon at all. Probably something unique to the south east asian market. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

8 hours ago, bodoy said:

so I was wondering if it would be okay to just buy an external monitor (and keyboard), plug 'em in to my laptop

Do you have an HDMI or DisplayPort and USB? If so it won’t be an issue. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.