Google Fiber speeds may be increased to 10gbps

TopWargamer

fucking google! im sitting here with 300kb average down and 40kb average up. id take 0.01% of that connection and be totaly happy  :wacko:

0.01% of 10GB is only 10Kb. So i guess you want slower speeds?

I could only dream of +25 Mbps :F

Sorry, I couldn't help but notice your Breakdown of Sanity default and nod in appreciation. 

Finally! I have been waiting for an internet upgrade since i got my slow 1Gbp/s connection! Damn!

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

le me on a 1mb down internet package  :lol:  :lol:  ;)   :mellow:  :mellow:  :(   :(  :angry:

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Yes we get it people... This is faster than your HDD and even most SSDs. If you got more than 1 computer (which I assume most people do in their house) you will still benefit from this.

You just need a good router (hopefully Google will also send out 10Gbps consumer routers when this launches).

My neighbourhood is currently voting about if we should get fiber or not. If 30% or more says yes, and pays the equivalence of ~20k dollars, they get fiber (up to 1Gbps up/down). The decision will be made at the end of the month.... I really hope it goes through.

10Gbps is not even close to what a single fiber cable can theoretically handle by the way. By simply changing the optics and sensors in the modems we could get THOUSANDS of TERABITS of speeds in the future, using the same cable.

This is only the beginning...

You guys seen the test in the UK where BT managed to acheieve 1.4Tbps on normal fibre? Now THAT would be insane. :3

1tb hard drive filled in 13 minutes and 20 seconds that is just ridiculous 

At this rate, the only bottleneck would be our router and steams servers :P

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

The question is: would download servers be fast enough to feed our want of pretty much instant downloads? Sure, it would be good for more stable internet, but when I'm downloading a game off lets say Moddb, I never reach my max speed (about 14mb/s or 1.8MB/s due to shared internet). Though on steam I'm able to get really fast downloads due to them owning faster servers and how close the servers are to where I am. The only thing I'm really thinking of doing is upgrading from telus to Novus for some faster speeds once this year of free internet is done.

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

C'mon, gimmie dat fiber goodness in Cali!

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I think that my High school has 10Gbps internet(I know for a fact that all the connections within the school are 10Gig) and It's pretty nice even when 1200 people and the servers for all of the county's websites are using. I would love to see something like this at home.

and im still on 5Mbps and they are talking about 10Gbps shjnfcxijkngfjkmgnfkgjnfkgjnfkgnfkngfkng WHY, fucking Australia  

10Gbps. Pff, I'm perfectly well off paying a hundred a month for my 5mbps. Who needs google fiber anyway. Pls give me google fiber!

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

WOW, much speed, many hapy customur.

That's insane. eventually(about 10 years or so) Australia will be about 90+% fiber which will be awesome.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I want to see Google make a target map. They should use data speeds and any location that is below x amount would be marked red. This way the ISPs in the area know to increase speeds or have google come and take the customers.

That would be amazing!

hopefully this will force verizon and comcast and other major isp to start offering affordable gigabyte speeds

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

I could only dream of +25 Mbps :F

My too :(

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Wireless 10gbps wordwide internet gogo Google.

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

The fastest internet that I have used is 3 mb/s which is pretty fast and now they are increasing their speeds 10gbps? Wonder who would be able to cap those speeds for more than a minute. :D

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

10/10 at home, 600/600 at work.

Please come to Norway  :)

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

I would love to have this. Between the 5 family members in my household, and my servers that I have, this would be amazing.

No more bandwidth limitations!

Haha the next big Kickstarter will be for Valve upgrading their servers too handle this speed ;) It would be backed :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

can everybody please stop teasing ridiculous internet speeds and make 100mbps bloody average already? What good does it do me if some lucky dudes in Texas have 1gbps or that it's theoretically possible to have even 1tbps if I'm still crawling though the interwebs with laughable 3mbps! seriously *+!"§$$%&$!&"*'~\][³[\]²³

sorry... going made here.

And I am happy that I get 12mbps down here :P 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1