Need Help with my network!!!

OG_Rando

HI guys,

So i recently upgraded my ISP to virgin media and have the 350mbps package, im using the virgin media 3.0 hub as the modem and then using a tp-link deco m4 mesh wifi system that is connceted to a netgear gs108t v2 gigabit switch that is going into my PC and other devices. When i run a speedtest on my phone to the hub it shows 350-400 as you would expect, however over a wired connection to my pc it is only giving me 60-80mbps down. i have checked that:

• the hub is outputing 1gb 
  • the switch is outputing 1gb
  • the cables are not broken (have cable tester)
  • my pc is recieving 1gb (in control pannel)

i serioulsy dont know what to do, all sources are outputting and receving 1000 full duplex and i've even ran a cable straight to the modem and still got 60-80.

the ONLY thing i can think now is that there is a software issue in windows 10 that is limiting it (i havent changed anything from default).

any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Here is some info I found with a quick google search 

Ok, so here comes the techy bit, if you’re connecting your Hub directly to your computer, an Ethernet cable will be connected to a Network Interface Card (NIC). Some NIC's can only handle speeds of up to 100 Megabits per seconds (Mbps) so you’ll not be able to enjoy the full speed of our superfast broadband. The maximum speed you’ll likely see on a speed test is about 92Mbps. 

However, a Gigabit NIC can handle much higher speeds of up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) which can take full advantage of our superfast broadband.

There’s a quick and easy check you can you do to see which NIC you have installed on your computer using the options below. 

Click below on your operating system for instructions on how to do this.

This sounds like this could be your issue,  I found it at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/getting-the-most-out-of-your-wired-connection 

2 hours ago, OG_Rando said:

the cables are not broken (have cable tester)

Have you verified via different cabling, though?  Most cheap testers are just a wire map that will test continuity, but do absolutely nothing for SNR or crosstalk validation.

43 minutes ago, Cysquatch said:

This sounds like this could be your issue

Read please:

2 hours ago, OG_Rando said:

all sources are outputting and receving 1000 full duplex

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

@Cysquatch

i have a gigabit NIC in my computer and i know the hub can output gigabit as when i view it on the hub manager its states that it is outputing a gigabit connection.

@beersykins

Yes i have ran a diffierent CAT 6 cable directly from the Virgin Hub to my computer and it still only gives me a 60-80mbps download

Gigabit Network.PNG

NIC.PNG

What specs for your PC?

Did you install any LAN/QoS software from Asus, MSI, etc? I suspect you've got one of those motherboard apps installed and it's limiting your download for some reason. I can't remember what each vendor calls their software though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

@lurick

i have an ROG G20BM ASUs prebuilt system so there’s a lot of propriety parts in it. I haven’t installed any lan or qos software but there may be some ASU’s software left. I’ve tried to get rid of most of it but it’s like the plague ? it just sticks around but I’ll try that.