What would this device be? (I got pictures!)

minibois

Recently I found this device/board in a drawer and I have no idea what it is, what does, what it is meant for, etc.

Pictures:

Spoiler

1409053326_IMG_20200202_204305812-Copy.thumb.jpg.5a60b255eea3e1d7ceed8b19f371c572.jpg

56353851_IMG_20200202_211018284-Copy.jpg.b22f2cd4025e1c0667801bd28f94076b.jpg

1389215005_IMG_20200202_204316291-Copy.thumb.jpg.4bd33129ee2de324f0c9f63cc1e5b65a.jpg

1693914967_IMG_20200202_204332768-Copy.thumb.jpg.eacb1ec65d0aeb31163473e4623e814f.jpg

337022920_IMG_20200202_204449871-Copy.thumb.jpg.2956d5efce16b2cb9557a58ba342cb42.jpg

IMG_20200202_204411863 - Copy.jpg

Description of the item/marking:

It's a device that is about 12x10 cm. It has some chips from Philips, Siemens, Matsushita and some company with "ST" as a logo.

There is a connector on it that looks pretty heavy duty, which I only recognize from redundant power supplies. T

There is a socket for some sort of chip to be installed, but I do not have any chips that go with it.

It says "Eurogas EAS" on it and also "REV 1.4.

It has a crystal (I think?) on it, labeled 'EA 2370B 24.000 9448A"

If anyone has a clue on what this might be, that would be highly appreciated :) (Is it maybe car related?)

If there was anything unclear, or if you wanted a better picture of something specific, please let me know.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

https://www.lpgonderdelenshop.nl/EuroGasComputer/en

Something "gas" related, I would assume natural gas like on a house or something.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Looks like an ECU used for controlling sequential LPG fuel feed in cars with aftermarket LPG system.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Looks like an ECU used for controlling sequential LPG fuel feed in cars with aftermarket LPG system.

OP, looking at my link and confirming with this comment, I think this is what it is.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

https://www.lpgonderdelenshop.nl/EuroGasComputer/en

Something "gas" related, I would assume natural gas like on a house or something.

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Thanks for the quick and accurate answers!

In the picture on that webshop, it seems like there is no chip inside the socket. Same for my unit. Do you think there could/should be something in that socket?

Also, I am unfortunately not really into car stuff. I know LPG is like gas for a car. But could you explain further what this device does? Does it control the fuel ingest or something?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Thanks for the quick and accurate answers!

In the picture on that webshop, it seems like there is no chip inside the socket. Same for my unit. Do you think there could/should be something in that socket?

Also, I am unfortunately not really into car stuff. I know LPG is like gas for a car. But could you explain further what this device does? Does it control the fuel ingest or something?

I believe that an entire system would allow your car to run on LPG, which appears to be some alternative fuel.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yeah, I am certain that chip that was there is used for fuel map table. The whole purpose of this device would be switch the car between gasoline and LPG depending on the load, temperature, throttle and mapping. LPG is lower octane than gasoline so in certain situations it switches to gasoline so that it doesnt cause detonation in the engine. The reason behind gigantic connector is that it requires lots of input either from canbus or from sensors.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I believe that an entire system would allow your car to run on LPG, which appears to be some alternative fuel.

I believe school buses run on LPG.  Also I think municipalities run it on their vehicles too.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

I believe school buses run on LPG.  Also I think municipalities run it on their vehicles too.  

Use of LPG in Europe is extremely common in personal vehicles, its significantly cheaper than gasoline and diesel and switching to LPG helps out significantly with fuel expenses.

17 minutes ago, minibois said:

some company with "ST" as a logo.

That's ST Microelectronics if you're wondering. They're pretty big in the IC and microcontroller segment.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

42 minutes ago, Levent said:

Use of LPG in Europe is extremely common in personal vehicles, its significantly cheaper than gasoline and diesel and switching to LPG helps out significantly with fuel expenses.

Which is probably why school American buses and municipal vehicles use it too.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case