Hello hello

A friend has as system the specs are:

i5 9600kf

16gb 2666mhz hyper x

b360 aorus gaming wifi 3

rtx 2060 super

cx650m

275r corsair

The problem is after a while the pc likes to go in a state where is powers on for split second then powers off and repeats it for whole system. I tried a 1250w psu to test since other components were fine and as tested. When powered on the power supply worked fine and ran furmak cpu and gpu stress test around 10mins. I am right to the suspect the corsair cx650m being faulty as i heard 500w will be enough for system like this.

Does it really power off/on repeatedly or is the mainboard restarting repeatedly?

8 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Does it really power off/on repeatedly or is the mainboard restarting repeatedly?

mainboard and cpu cooler and gpu pulsing

then works fine with 1250w psu

How old is the cx650? It's possible that it can't deliver stable voltages any longer.

A psu usually would shut down, not restart. There's some chance that it might be related to the pwr signal of the psu but more likely is an issue with the voltages, and the restart beeing initiated by the mainboard.

Just now, Sir0Tek said:

How old is the cx650? It's possible that it can't deliver stable voltages any longer.

A psu usually would shut down, not restart. There's some chance that it might be related to the pwr signal of the psu but more likely is an issue with the voltages, and the restart beeing initiated by the mainboard.

Legit its brand new my friend hasnt been able to build system due to mobo in rma but when we built the psu acting up

It was bough month ago so yeah

While it is still possible the psu is faulty I'd suggest rechecking the cables first. This of course is when issues with ram or some other hardware can be ruled out.

24 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

My PC with a faulty Antec HCG restarted under load.

Now i replaced the psu and its completely Fine.

1 minute ago, Sumolizer said:

My PC with a faulty Antec HCG restarted under load.

Now i replaced the psu and its completely Fine.

Restarting is done by the mainboard which can happen due to a faulty/dying psu. There's a difference between restarting and shutting down power.

6 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Restarting is done by the mainboard which can happen due to a faulty/dying psu. There's a difference between restarting and shutting down power.

But still i think the PSU is faulty.

2 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

But still i think the PSU is faulty.

Yes, it is possible, I didn't disagree nor did I write anything that would claim different.

2 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

Yes, it is possible, I didn't disagree nor did I write anything that would claim different.

The power supplied originally worked for a good few hours then this occurred. and all components are fine

9 hours ago, SERVER EMPEROR said:

The problem is after a while the pc likes to go in a state where is powers on for split second then powers off and repeats it for whole system. 

When does it reboot?  Right at POST?  When it should be boot into Windows?  Once it's in Windows?

Honestly, if one PSU works fine with all of the same parts hooked up the same way and the other does not, it's probably just a faulty PSU.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

When does it reboot?  Right at POST?  When it should be boot into Windows?  Once it's in Windows?

Honestly, if one PSU works fine with all of the same parts hooked up the same way and the other does not, it's probably just a faulty PSU.

The psu will not boot system after while and using another fully functional power supply will work without and issue

Why is this an issue then just use the other PSU if it works fine with that one

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

45 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Why is this an issue then just use the other PSU if it works fine with that one

Just wanting to comfirm the cx650m is faulty to get returned or rma it to get functional one.

3 minutes ago, SERVER EMPEROR said:

Just wanting to comfirm the cx650m is faulty to get returned or rma it to get functional one.

Fair enough I guess

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they