GOOD AIRFLOW CASE - MAX 70€

alvez
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
10 minutes ago, alvez said:

About the P400A I just find it to plain, and not much appealing but still like that it has very good airflow. On the other side I like the asthetics about the K500L, but knowing its not as good makes me step away from it you know?

I went to the store again and I might go for the P360X, which i really like (subjective as it is personal opinion), but if there is somethign else that looks +/- like it I might go for it if its a better choice.Could you help here?

Also the options you sugested the MasterBox MB511 meets my likes, but they dont have the RGB in that store. They told that Phanteks has better construction quality.

The P360x is a very well built case for the price. The K500L in my mind would have a bit better airflow since the fans are pulling in air directly from the front mesh versus from the sides. But the P360X shouldnt have much trouble cooling an R5 3600. Out of curiosity, what GPU are you using, and do you plan on overclocking any of this?

Hello guys!

So I am going to build a new PC, and I was planning to purchase a Cooler Master K500L.

I went to the usual store, whish is one of the best in Portugal, and one employee told me I should not take it as is has poor aiflow.

He sugested: ATX Phanteks Eclipse P400 Air, which I found that is pretty good for airflow, but doesnt really meet my likes regarding its looks.

I have been browsing the forum and I found so many references and I cant really decide. I have a budget of MAX 70€ to spend and I want something with some sort of RGB lighting. Also I prefer something that brings many fans already in the case.

THE STUFF:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core (3.6GHz-4.2GHz) 36MB AM4
  • G.Skill Kit 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL18
  • MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
  • Corsair TX 650M 80+ Gold

Could you provide some help?

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

38 minutes ago, alvez said:

Hello guys!

So I am going to build a new PC, and I was planning to purchase a Cooler Master K500L.

I went to the usual store, whish is one of the best in Portugal, and one employee told me I should not take it as is has poor aiflow.

He sugested: ATX Phanteks Eclipse P400 Air, which I found that is pretty good for airflow, but doesnt really meet my likes regarding its looks.

I have been browsing the forum and I found so many references and I cant really decide. I have a budget of MAX 70€ to spend and I want something with some sort of RGB lighting. Also I prefer something that brings many fans already in the case.

THE STUFF:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core (3.6GHz-4.2GHz) 36MB AM4
  • G.Skill Kit 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL18
  • MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
  • Corsair TX 650M 80+ Gold

Could you provide some help?

I just recently purchased this case and it falls into your budget

https://www.newegg.com/black-metallic-gear-neo-g-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854090

I will say I am amazed at the cheap cost  of this case and I enjoyed building in it. The front glass I was worried about it blocking air but it keeps my setup really cool at maxed out benchmarks for both cpu/gpu

2 included fans work well and can be loud at full load but it doesn't reach that often unless the heater kicks on while I'm running a benchmark

I was weary of making this choice but I'm really glad I did, FYI metallicgear is made by phanteks

The 2 front fans are RGB as well and can be controlled by your MOBO or the button on the front inputs.

And I just saw that you said you didn't like the p400a so you probably wont like this one.

40 minutes ago, madaaron said:

I just recently purchased this case and it falls into your budget

https://www.newegg.com/black-metallic-gear-neo-g-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854090

I will say I am amazed at the cheap cost  of this case and I enjoyed building in it. The front glass I was worried about it blocking air but it keeps my setup really cool at maxed out benchmarks for both cpu/gpu

2 included fans work well and can be loud at full load but it doesn't reach that often unless the heater kicks on while I'm running a benchmark

I was weary of making this choice but I'm really glad I did, FYI metallicgear is made by phanteks

The 2 front fans are RGB as well and can be controlled by your MOBO or the button on the front inputs.

And I just saw that you said you didn't like the p400a so you probably wont like this one.

hey there, still looks better than the p400a! But you are right, not exactly what I want tho.

thanks aloit for the details! :)

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

16 hours ago, alvez said:

The K500 is fine, the two front fans are positioned well enough to take advantage of most of that mesh front. Coolermaster also has the MB511 RGB (which looks similar to the P400A) and the upcoming TD500 Mesh...

What exactly don't you like about the P400A, or, rather what do you like about the K500L? Aesthetics are ENTIRELY subjective and not something anyone else can tell you what looks good and doesn't.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

13 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The K500 is fine, the two front fans are positioned well enough to take advantage of most of that mesh front. Coolermaster also has the MB511 RGB (which looks similar to the P400A) and the upcoming TD500 Mesh...

What exactly don't you like about the P400A, or, rather what do you like about the K500L? Aesthetics are ENTIRELY subjective and not something anyone else can tell you what looks good and doesn't.

Hey,

Thanks alot for your reply.

About the P400A I just find it to plain, and not much appealing but still like that it has very good airflow. On the other side I like the asthetics about the K500L, but knowing its not as good makes me step away from it you know?

I went to the store again and I might go for the P360X, which i really like (subjective as it is personal opinion), but if there is somethign else that looks +/- like it I might go for it if its a better choice.Could you help here?

I hope I explained well.

Also the options you sugested the MasterBox MB511 meets my likes, but they dont have the RGB in that store. They told that Phanteks has better construction quality.

If you can help that be great!

THANKS!

10 minutes ago, alvez said:

The P360x is a very well built case for the price. The K500L in my mind would have a bit better airflow since the fans are pulling in air directly from the front mesh versus from the sides. But the P360X shouldnt have much trouble cooling an R5 3600. Out of curiosity, what GPU are you using, and do you plan on overclocking any of this?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I am actually going to pick the 3600x as its on sale, for 219€ was 260€.

On the other hand the 3600 is on sale too for 179€.

I dont plan on overclocking, but I plan to use the boos 100% of the time (either 4.2 or 4.4).

EDIT: GTX970 at the moment, but might upgrade as soon as I sell the old Rig.

The cooler will be a noctua Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black and I will also get 2 more fans: Arctic Cooling P12PWM PST.

Could you provide some help telling me if it is worth the extra 40€ for the "x" version while ill be getting an aftermarket cooler?

I dont really know why they were so reticent about the K500L, is it that bad? I like the P360x more but I really prefer better cooling..

THANKS!

3 minutes ago, alvez said:

I dont plan on overclocking, but I plan to use the boos 100% of the time (either 4.2 or 4.4).

The cooler will be a noctua Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black and I will also get 2 more fans: Arctic Cooling P12PWM PST.

Could you provide some help telling me if it is worth the extra 40€ for the "x" version while ill be getting an aftermarket cooler?

I dont really know why they were so reticent about the K500L, is it that bad? I like the P360x more but I really prefer better cooling..

"Theoretically" the X might boost a bit higher binned than the non X, but in practice, the non X will OC to about the same as the X part. Especially with a good cooler like the NH-U12s (which honestly might be a bit overkill as far as coolers go).

The K500L's front panel at first glance from some of the photos does appear to be Acrylic, which isnt crazy to believe, as Coolermaster's TD500 front panel is entirely acrylic. (They're coming out with a mesh version soon) If the worker at the store had never seen this case in person, it might be reasonable he made that assumption (I did at first before I took a closer look)

image.png.74c7e6710945a8265bd7b7b8b8e9ac70.png

Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=k500l&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS821US821&oq=k500l&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.1229j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I have a p350x and I'm loving it

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

On 1/31/2020 at 6:51 AM, alvez said:

I am actually going to pick the 3600x as its on sale, for 219€ was 260€.

On the other hand the 3600 is on sale too for 179€.

EDIT: GTX970 at the moment, but might upgrade as soon as I sell the old Rig.

THANKS!

The 3600 is still the best option. X is not worth it, only difference is a couple MHz bump and a better stock cooler.

The P360x will do fine then. Your parts run pretty cool.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.