Alternative replacement modular PSU cables for EVGA?

Kevin_Walter

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

I have an EVGa Supernova G2 750. Currently using a set of EVGA's replacement cables, and it's fine. I'd like to buy a black kit though (my current kit is red).

The only options I seem to have (short of ordering individual cables from MDPC or completely custom ones, which gets crazy expensive crazy fast) are another set of EVGA's cables, which I don't really like for a host of reasons, or a kit by Cablemod.

Cablemod seems fine, and that's probably what I'm going to end up doing, but does anyone else offer full kits of replacement cables for EVGA PSUs, by any chance? I'd like to compare all potential options before slapping my money on the table.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0.  I've used them before and liked them.  Looking at the compatibility list it looks like your PSU is listed.

1 hour ago, Cysquatch said:

Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0.  I've used them before and liked them.  Looking at the compatibility list it looks like your PSU is listed.

Hmm. I actually forgot that Bitfenix exists, which is funny considering I just bought Noctua fans to replace the two Bitfenix fans I have in my system.

One reason I was asking because I kinda wanted thicker wires/sleeving than what seems to be on offer from the others, but if Bitfenix is the only other option, I'll probably just go with the Cablemod kit. It comes with more combs and one of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of EVGA's cables is their sleeving is really stiff nylon, while Cablemod's ModFlex is softer and more pliable.

TBH, I wish I could afford to sleeve my own cables, but beyond the monetary and time investment requirements, EVGA has weirdo pinouts and cable splices, and I don't feel like dealing with that.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

I planned on sleeving my own years ago when kits weren't readily available.  I just ended up using extensions at the time.  It would've been way to tedious, I just didn't have time