Best position for fans

AndreasK
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Your temps are fine and what you have seems optimal. 

Just curious what is the best position to place fans? I have sharkoon case 1 fan in the font of the case 1 in the back and i habe cpu cooler for 4790k (Hyper evo 212) 2 fans one its receiving air to the cooler and the other send it to the back fan to put the heat out of the case. Is this the best solution?

Can you be more specific about what case you have? Rest of specs? Temps?

Generally, front intake and rear exhaust should be fine as long as they're not heavily impeded by obstructions like a solid case panel. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Can you be more specific about what case you have? Rest of specs? Temps?

Generally, front intake and rear exhaust should be fine as long as they're not heavily impeded by obstructions like a solid case panel. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

I mostly have in heavy load games of 69C on Gpu and 65 om CPU

IMG_20200129_005440.jpg

IMG_20200129_005435.jpg

IMG_20200129_005430.jpg

IMG_20200129_005424.jpg

IMG_20200129_005155.jpg

Your temps are fine and what you have seems optimal. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ow okay another question is the water cooling betternthan the fans? Also is it more quiet?

It looks in your picture like your pc is sitting up close against a wall.

If it was me I'd move it out from the wall a least a foot.

I saw a video on one of Linus's channels about case fan placement and getting the most out of them. If you search it will probably come up.

Air vs Water cooling

They got videos on that too.

I like air cooling myself but hey whatever floats your boat. ?

2 minutes ago, Intergalacticbits said:

It looks in your picture like your pc is sitting up close against a wall.

If it was me I'd move it out from the wall a least a foot.

I saw a video on one of Linus's channels about fan placement and getting the most out of them. If you search it will probably come up.

Air vs Water cooling

They got videos on that too.

I like air cooling myself but hey whatever floats you boat. ?

No it has like half meter of air its not attached to the wall but its surrounded by the wood of my desk , thats why i was asking if the water cooling is better in my situation 

16 minutes ago, AndreasK said:

Ow okay another question is the water cooling betternthan the fans? Also is it more quiet?

Liquid cooling generally uses fans. The term you're probably looking for is Air Cooling. Whether or not it's the optimal solution depends on the situation and what features you're looking for. Liquid cooling often allows for more surface area in the form of radiators mounted away from the socket which can allow for better cooling but often costs more. 

13 hours ago, AndreasK said:

For CPU cooling, not until you go for very high OC and very big rads. Nope on quiet as besides fans, it has pump to make noise.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv