Have I become a total RGB cliche?

wafflehaus

Have I become a total RGB cliche?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have I become a total RGB cliche?

• Not even close. There's a blank spot 3cm to the left that still needs some bling.
    • Mine eyes, they bleedeth.
    • Seek help immediately.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:20 PM, vukos said:

Nanoleaf is the LIVE LAUGH LOVE of PC nerds

I officially love this.

Thanks for all the validation folks :P

So in the end I took another vid with a more sane colour scheme I've started using day to day. Far brighter, more white with a splash of light blue. Also chucked in some footage of the PC for good measure.

The blinky stuff on the gpu I personally would find distracting.  That’s just me me though.  What is the loudness?  There’s a lot of whirr coming from the machine.  Again, maybe just me.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

18 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The blinky stuff on the gpu I personally would find distracting.  That’s just me me though.  What is the loudness?  There’s a lot of whirr coming from the machine.  Again, maybe just me.

There's some but it's not as bad as it sounds in the video. It's all Corsair kit and stuff so while there's a lot of fans they're not too bad overall.

I think what you have done with it is purposeful since it lights up the room rather than just being RGB...

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

7 minutes ago, cesh me inside b0z said:

I think what you have done with it is purposeful since it lights up the room rather than just being RGB...

Thanks, that's what I was going for. I'm in a rental and my room I use for my office has this horrible double-bank of dodgy 2 CFL tube lights (4 in total) across the whole span of the cieling. In summer the place just cooks. My primary goal beyond the bling was also getting some decent overhead light in the room.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:49 AM, Mooshi said:

Better than the gamer edgelord black and red combo that's about as dated as blue cathodes.

lol.

that's my main build still xD although my secondary build is white and black.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

A windowed case without lighting comes off lackluster imho . 

I ran my X9 TT case without any lighting for a week or 2 but it was disappointing I never thought i would care but it did start to disapoint for some reason its like if its there make it look good type thing. 

So i bought a RGB strip and that was ok but i was needing more fans for my radiators already why not get RGB fans then.. 

RGB doesn't mean you have to do rainbow either . ive changed mine lots and settled on a dark blue scheme i got sick of the rainbow seizure inducing mode after a few hours. 

But now i can do whatever theme i like so i dont think RGB is a waste at all so dont feel cliche lol its ok to want more. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block