BSOD on my first build.

Atrais

Ok here is the specs: Zen+, Asus Arez Vega 56, MSI B450 mobo, trident z rgb ram, and 2 NVME drives 1 with windows 10 pro and the other with Linux mint.

So everything seems to be working except that I blue screen on boot up 9/10 times. It restarts after the bsod and then it works fine. Same error every time. I’ll post a screen shot as well. 

Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

What Failed: stornvme.sys

So far my troubleshooting via google has led me down 2 lines of inquiry.

1. MSI RGB Software and Asus RGB software incompatibility. (I think this is most likely the issue)

Evidence:

-The appearance of the bsod coincided with the timing of me downloading the asus rgb software. 

-Super funky lighting behavior on boot up(the MSI controlled lights seem to change to a previous lighting profile and go back to rainbow barf)

-the trident ram kits rgb control switched from being controlled with MSI to the Asus software but not after the first reboot after installing the asus software. 

2. Vega driver issues 

Evidence:

-Radeon software reports a resolution output error after the bsod

-my overclocking profile gets reset after the bsod

So I haven’t done much to try and fix the issue besides changing the adrenaline drivers back a version which did nothing. 
My understanding coming into this build was that the biggest issue with having incompatible rgb devices would be having to have 2 softwares. so it would be impossible to sync effects, but no one said anything about 2 softwares causing system breaking errors and bsods. Is that something that I should have expected?

Im gunna try and isolate the issue by uninstalling  the asus software. But even if that works it doesn’t solve my issue. 

Anyway I come out of this without any rainbow barf or bsods?

I’ll post the bsod dump later if I can figure it out.

7A6B3854-0262-4E2F-83B9-43862684B18C.jpeg

5 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Are you to far into your journey to just wipe/reinstall windows? Just install the GPU drivers after and run some bench marks. Start from scratch so to speak.

I plan on wiping windows every 6 months as normal procedure. So reinstalling windows really wouldn’t be an issue. I’m just highly doubtful that would solve the issue seeing as this issue arose pretty much right after a fresh install.

Nvm the magic windows fairy came and fixed it while I was at work. I’ll keep it updated if it happens again.

Reinstalled windows to see if the problem would come back and it did. I’ll get the bsod dump tonight unless the fairy comes while I’m at work again.