Intel S2600GZ 'OPT_12V_PWR' adaptors

Hello, I am seeking to install a GPU into my server by need the PCIE power connectors, I know that the motherboard has output plugs that are listed on the sight though I am struggling to find any information on them online.

wowowow.PNG

ZXCx.PNG

Those... look more like input cpu power connectors rather than output connectors.  I think they’re meant  to power the CPUs and aren’t output at all.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Id try to solder you own connectors, If its the same as the 12v cpu power, its probably easy to get the, to solder to a pcie 8pin or cpin. Just check with a multimeter first.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Those... look more like input cpu power connectors rather than output connectors.  I think they’re meant  to power the CPUs and aren’t output at all.

with those servers, the psus are connected to the motherboard only(with the big connectors on the left), then the motherboard distrubtes the power to the drives and cards and other devices.

17 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id try to solder you own connectors, If its the same as the 12v cpu power, its probably easy to get the, to solder to a pcie 8pin or cpin. Just check with a multimeter first.

with those servers, the psus are connected to the motherboard only(with the big connectors on the left), then the motherboard distrubtes the power to the drives and cards and other devices.

I suppose it would make PSU hotswap easier

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I suppose it would make PSU hotswap easier

That's a major intent with the design. :D