GPU upgrade but worse performance?

DudElite

Right now i have a Core I5 4690K not overclocked paired with a GTX 980, and saw a good deal on a RTX 2080 Super and I know that my CPU will bottleneck that G9U. My question, is it probable that putting that GPU in my curret system will get me worse performance overall?

Just now, DudElite said:

Right now i have a Core I5 4690K not overclocked paired with a GTX 980, and saw a good deal on a RTX 2080 Super and I know that my CPU will bottleneck that G9U. My question, is it probable that putting that GPU in my curret system will get me worse performance overall?

It will not get you worse performance.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

in some cases with a CPU bottleneck, the average FPS will increase but the stuttering caused by the CPU bottleneck will make the overall experience worse.

What is your performance target, and in what games? 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Got a new 1440p 144Hz monitor all kinds of games.

When it comes to CPU bottleneck the worst case scenario is that you will get the same performance...

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I had GTX780 with 4770 and GPU upgraded to 1080Ti and no worse performance. Playing either at 1440p or 2160p.

Of course it depends on which games you play but if the deal is too good, then grab it. You can play games at higher resolution using DSR.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I bought a ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super OC, a local retailer sold a few of them 200$ off as a re-opening offer. I do get alot better performance, cranking all graphics settings to max, the cpu is at 100% load on all cores, but i still get pretty decent framerates 90-120 depending on game and situation, I have mostly tried AAA titles so far.