[unconfirmed!] Samsung 4K TN monitors 60hz (with DP 1.2) under $1000.

Kiwiandapple

I see so many people accepting the TN technology because they accept the fact that things run that way or better to say that things MUST be that way...

and by that I mean first crapy specs to the masses then crapy specs but like 10% than the older versions and so on

and they accept that because they accept the logic that the market MUST work like way in order to "lower the cost"

well that may be true in some milestones of technology but in general its BULL GRAP

what they are trying to do is to higher their profits ! (not to keep low cost for the sake of the consumer) until a product gets mainstream...

The technology is there (TN/IPS etc) for years... they have the means to reproduce it if they can make 4K panels at all that means that they can make with the same (or approxemately the same or even if you like the production cost difference will not differ precentagewise from the HD monitors TN or IPS) cost TN OR IPS OR PLS or whatever...

They can give us now an 4k IPS 10 bit panel @ 60hz and they can sell it at prices near 400$ !!!!

they just dont want to! because they make more money in that way! they dont give a crap about you they know that you will buy their stuff anyway. period.

The only way to change that is to boicot their production scheme by not buying their lesser version and demand the real thing...

but unfortunatelly thats never going to happen since in order to organise the vast majority of consumer on to that level is something very difficult or atleast beyond me since I cand think of a realistic way to achieve that.

P.S -I dont know why but the forum renders my text without spaces between sentences (when I hit enter) on the "edit" version of my post I can see those spaces but when I post it it all becomes one uniformed paragraph....- // [EDIT2] things seem to get fixes if I click edit and resubmit the post [/ EDIT2] // also I can not post directly when I hit the "post" button (nothing happens...) I have to click on "reply to this topic" button in order to be able to post something...

maybe the forum doesnt support chrome?

lol and i thought i was hard to follow

whether they can make better stuff for a cheaper price is true or not, doesnt matter. The reason being is they wont. it will be slow releases one after another for years. So choices are buy something thats decent quality for a semi affordable price. Or sell your first born and buy the best.

yes I agree with that and I just added the fact that (atleast in theory) it is possible to change that just but not purchasing the crappy stuff they release at all demanding their flagship products to be sold at the right pricepoint

Just because its a Tn panel doesnt make it bad.

Yeah it kinda does. Obsolete garbage is obsolete.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah it kinda does. Obsolete garbage is obsolete.

Lol so closed minded. some people. well if have fun buying the 3000 igzo panel .WHich all the 4k isp panels are based of.. oh watch out for the over saturation of blues making everyone look like there under a florescent light! im not saying isp arent generally better panels, but this does not mean tn panels are garbage.  linus himself said this.  lol so think what you want mr big bux

It can still have god colours but not having G-Sync is annoying. I will only buy a monitor that has really good colours, 4k, G-Sync and have about 1-6ms response time. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It can still have god colours but not having G-Sync is annoying. I will only buy a monitor that has really good colours, 4k, G-Sync and have about 1-6ms response time. 

lol all for like 100 bucks right?

lol all for like 100 bucks right?

No I don't mind paying £1000 for that monitor. I think £1000 is very reasonable. If they can make 1080x1920 panels for under £100 why can't they make 4k monitors for under £1000. We already know that it is possible to stick two panels together to form a single monitor so why not 4 small 1080x1920 panels from a phone to form a 24" 4K panel. They charge that price because they can get away with it not because it costs them that much money. Dell and ASUS charge about £3000 for their 4K monitors simply because they could at the time. It probably only cost them £1000 to make.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

dell makes one. why i a 24 anyway. sitting infront of a 28inch 4k or even a 28 inch inch 1440 P is alot less on your eyes then a 24 inch 1080.

Because I don't have the space for a 28" and sitting close to a screen that big, for me at least, is a terrible experience.

Meh, I like my games in ultra-high quality... 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Because I don't have the space for a 28" and sitting close to a screen that big, for me at least, is a terrible experience.

was the 28" a 1080P monitor?

was the 28" a 1080P monitor?

No, it was a 2560x1440 display.

Resolution doesn't matter, a big screen in my face makes me eyes strain.

Simply put, if it's not in the 24" range, it's an automatic no-buy from me.

No, it was a 2560x1440 display.

Resolution doesn't matter, a big screen in my face makes me eyes strain.

Simply put, if it's not in the 24" range, it's an automatic no-buy from me.

interesting. resolution should actually make a very big difference right in your face . a large monitor with low resolution is like wearing the wrong pair of glasses . either way dell makes a 24 inch 4k monitor that might fit your interests

not ips.............

Then just mess around with the Digital Vibrance setting a little. It still won't look as good as an IPS, but it's definately acceptable.

I wonder how far could you OC that monitor using Pixel Clock in Precision X. :P

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit