[unconfirmed!] Samsung 4K TN monitors 60hz (with DP 1.2) under $1000.

Kiwiandapple

BAN THIS MAN NOW!! Dont ever show us that hunk of crap again :P shame on you :P

Just relized it only goes over HDMI so that make no sence.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

generally when something is 800 euro including VAT its going to be 800 USD. there actually paying more do to VAT. however it make in terms of easy translation,  anytime you see a price in euro just figure it will be the same in usd Ie 1000 = 1000

The 4500DKK is with VAT included and is roughly $820 USD and 613EUR. The VAT on danish products is 25% as well, so if you go do the math. You will come close to a $615 excl. VAT.

Of course the pricing is still not set in stone. But I do see this monitor for that ~$800 price mark. Maybe even under that.  

Read it carefully again. Its 120HZ on 1080p, it's still 30hz on 4K. (unless im mistaken here, then shoot me)

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

no it is 30hz at 4k and the colors are awful blacks are awful. HDMI  1.4 supports 4k at 30hz.. if your going to buy that save yourself some money and buy a 1080 p monitor even that will look better then the sieki. YUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKkkkkkkk.

60hz a 4K is nice. I don't mind a TN panel for gaming. The faster refresh rate is a bonus. I've never really used an IPS panel, so I don't know the difference (I know there is one), but I've liked my TN panel monitors. My next monitor upgrade will probably be a 1440p 120Hz monitor, though.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

not ips.............

Get ovveerrrrr itttt

If you want a 4k ips buy dells $3500 one, or Asus' $3000 one.

It's TN so that they can be somewhat affordable. 

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

I have one thing to say "SAMSUNG" They make amazing phones and TVs. I will be looking into getting on these bad boys.

Get ovveerrrrr itttt

If you want a 4k ips buy dells $3500 one, or Asus' $3000 one.

It's TN so that they can be somewhat affordable. 

I don't want to just get over it. Who wants a 4K display that's $800 and still has colors comparable to $100 cheapo monitor? If you just want to get on the 4k bandwagon early then buy one, but better versions with ips/pls will become cheaper, and until then I'll stick with my 1440p PLS screen. Its still $800 and that's not really affordable. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

60hz a 4K is nice. I don't mind a TN panel for gaming. The faster refresh rate is a bonus. I've never really used an IPS panel, so I don't know the difference (I know there is one), but I've liked my TN panel monitors. My next monitor upgrade will probably be a 1440p 120Hz monitor, though.

Get an Korean one then, I can not complain about mine. Very slight backlight bleeding (that's only really visable when it's super dark) and 0 dead pixels. Mine is currently running at 96hz but I did not try to OC it to 120 yet. Almost all of them hit 120hz tho. (but it's not for sure!)

I suggest to go to the monitor section on our forum to ask for advice there. You don't have to spend insane amounts of money to get a nice monitor. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

yeahh and just imagine the picture quality. hell no

What? its 4k how is it bad?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

haha ok ok. exactly how there are 1080p tvs that offer better picture quality than other 1080p tvs. if you would put a panasonic tc-pst60 next to that seiki whatever 4k you would throw that 4k tv out through the window

I don't want to just get over it. Who wants a 4K display that's $800 and still has colors comparable to $100 cheapo monitor? If you just want to get on the 4k bandwagon early then buy one, but better versions with ips/pls will become cheaper, and until then I'll stick with my 1440p PLS screen. Its still $800 and that's not really affordable. 

someone has no clue what there speaking about. you do realize your not doing a fair comparison at all.. there are CHEAP tn panels and fairly descent ones. thats like comparing a fairly used beat to hell camaro and then saying no  i wont buy a new one because the other drive like shit., so im gonna ill look at lambos instead. But oh wait i cant afford one so im going to complan and  cant get it cheaper to all the people who bought camaros and say there junk.

you simply either lack knowledge or on here to troll.  Dont  be little this monitor just because your not going to buy one.

PS dont expect PLS or IPS 4k panels to be this affordable anytime soon. take a look at how long it took 1440p and 1600P monitors to be drop in price. 4 5 years?. lets say it takes half that time. you will be sitting here complaining for the next 2 years or so about something you prolly wont buy anyway.

PSS microcenter has the Dell version of the ips for 2500 or if you want 4k and IPS cheap ISH the 24 inch 4k ips is like 1500 and its 60hz.

high resolution does exactly mean good picture quality. its like saying lets have digiorno pizza is just like going to that famous italian pizza place downtown. and saying oh its pizza isnt it the same thing?

haha ok ok. exactly how there are 1080p tvs that offer better picture quality than other 1080p tvs. if you would put a panasonic tc-pst60 next to that seiki whatever 4k you would throw that 4k tv out through the window

If you can find one :P panasonics done in plasmas :( cant even order them

someone has no clue what there speaking about. you do realize your not doing a fair comparison at all.. there are CHEAP tn panels and fairly descent ones. thats like comparing a fairly used beat to hell camaro and then saying no  i wont buy a new one because the other drive like shit., so im gonna ill look at lambos instead. But oh wait i cant afford one so im going to complan and  cant get it cheaper to all the people who bought camaros and say there junk.

you simply either lack knowledge or on here to troll.  Dont  be little this monitor just because your not going to buy one.

PS dont expect PLS or IPS 4k panels to be this affordable anytime soon. take a look at how long it took 1440p and 1600P monitors to be drop in price. 4 5 years?. lets say it takes half that time. you will be sitting here complaining for the next 2 years or so about something you prolly wont buy anyway.

PSS microcenter has the Dell version of the ips for 2500 or if you want 4k and IPS cheap ISH the 24 inch 4k ips is like 1500 and its 60hz.

Then I won't buy the camaro or the lambo, I will wait until a better alternative is available. What would be the point of buying the camaro if it drives horribly? You don't buy it unless you desperately want a camaro. I won't be sitting complaining, I will be gaming on my beautiful asus pb278q while I wait for a good pls/ips 4k to drop in price.  I wouldn't buy* one these because it's not ips/pls. You're right high end 4k monitors aren't affordable but they will go down, I don't care how long you think it take because clearly thats a personal opinion. Personally I would pay $1000 for a good 4k pls monitor tomorrow if one came out, so please don't say I won't buy one because you are not me.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Then I won't buy the camaro or the lambo, I will wait until a better alternative is available. What would be the point of buying the camaro if it drives horribly? You don't buy it unless you desperately want a camaro. I won't be sitting complaining, I will be gaming on my beautiful asus pb278q while I wait for a good pls/ips 4k to drop in price.  I wouldn't buy* one these because it's not ips/pls. You're right high end 4k monitors aren't affordable but they will go down, I don't care how long you think it take because clearly thats a personal opinion. Personally I would pay $1000 for a good 4k pls monitor tomorrow if one came out, so please don't say I won't buy one because you are not me.

i think you again missed the point.

i think you again missed the point.

and what point is that, you seemed to have made multiple? 

Spoiler

and what point is that, you seemed to have made multiple? 

the point that not all Camaros (tn panels) are junk. Dont expense one off a cheap one and say there both junk because the cheap one looks like crap.

the point that not all Camaros (tn panels) are junk. Dont expense one off a cheap one and say there both junk because the cheap one looks like crap.

they are not all terrible, but most are terrible in comparison to ips. I still don't expect the colour quality of the monitor to be anywhere near a ips/pls monitors colours. How much is a good 1080p TN, $300-500, for that you can buy an ips. (Now of course refresh rates and usage scenarios come into play). At these $800 prices I don't expect any colours above what a XL2420te has. 

Spoiler

People 6 months ago:

"I don't care if it's TN I JUST WANT MAH 4K!!!"

Now:

"UGH TN WHY DON'T WE HAVE IPS 4K :angry: "

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

they are not all terrible, but most are terrible in comparison to ips. I still don't expect the colour quality of the monitor to be anywhere near a ips/pls monitors colours. How much is a good 1080p TN, $300-500, for that you can buy an ips. (Now of course refresh rates and usage scenarios come into play). At these $800 prices I don't expect any colours above what a XL2420te has. 

Heh, heh, all you normal eyed people that care about color... But 1080p TN panels are under $200. I take TN because I'm colorblind and don't use my monitor as a TV so the only viewing angle I need is in front. Since it's cheaper, and I don't notice a difference, bring on the TN.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Thats Funny because the Dell TN 4k 28 inch is 10 bit color the same as your Asus.  the really only thing your losing is viewing angle.  for the 90% of people whom are looking directly at there monitor it should not matter. as for muffinator. 6 months from now? prices will still be 2+ k for an ips /pls 4k monitor. lol so that really wont come into mind.

^ IE TN panel 4k 10 bit color. which based on the specs its more then likely a very similar panel if not the same panel ina  different casing

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-ACHO

^ dell 4k 28 inch TN panel 10 bit color.

yes i realize the dell id a 30hz panel . Not my point. The point was TN panels can have color accuracy as well.

am i a fanboy of tn panels NO. I just find this as agreat deal, and believe it will have a great picture. Is there a better picture out there? yes but do i think its worth triple the price no. am i willing to wait 2 -3 years for it to drop? no.

No 24" version?

No buy from me.

dell makes one. why i a 24 anyway. sitting infront of a 28inch 4k or even a 28 inch inch 1440 P is alot less on your eyes then a 24 inch 1080.

Thats Funny because the Dell TN 4k 28 inch is 10 bit color the same as your Asus.  the really only thing your losing is viewing angle.  for the 90% of people whom are looking directly at there monitor it should not matter. as for muffinator. 6 months from now? prices will still be 2+ k for an ips /pls 4k monitor. lol so that really wont come into mind.

^ IE TN panel 4k 10 bit color. which based on the specs its more then likely a very similar panel if not the same panel ina  different casing

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-ACHO

^ dell 4k 28 inch TN panel 10 bit color.

yes i realize the dell id a 30hz panel . Not my point. The point was TN panels can have color accuracy as well.

am i a fanboy of tn panels NO. I just find this as agreat deal, and believe it will have a great picture. Is there a better picture out there? yes but do i think its worth triple the price no. am i willing to wait 2 -3 years for it to drop? no.

I never said that TN had no accuracy just still not as good as a good pls/ips, yes my statement of the 4k's looking like a $100 cheapo monitor is not really correct but in no way will this beat a ips display. When someone shows me a video of a pb278q and that dell or ASUS 4k TN and is able to show that there is very little difference between a ips/pls and the TN 4k until then I will continue to say that their accuracy/quality will not be as good as a current ips/pls display.  I am sure this rumored Samsung 4k will have decent quality and it won't look like garbage but still not as good as it could look. If you don't want to pay the big bucks or wait then don't,but saying they have superior colour is wrong (unless you have personally used them side by side). I would much rather spend more money on the high end 4k screens at this point of time, If i'm going to spend any kind of money on a new part for my rig it better be darn near perfect.  

This is still my opion you can yours and I will have mine both of us can believe each other is wrong but battling over it will not change our minds clearly. 

And yes the new ASUS 4k will definitely be running same panel as my 1440p pb278q. :P

@Imaginaerum I would say your are lucky sir, but then also kinda unlucky at the same. (not trying to be offensive and I do apologize if did offend you)

Spoiler