Best budget setup for mic and headphones

MissAuroraKitty

So, ive reached a decision to maybe do something more with audio with music and just having a more reliable headset that can do more in the long run then paying alot for gaming headsets, so im asking whats the best way to get the best audio for same or lower then even the best gaming headsets, also need a mod mic or something with it so factor that in too.

How much money are you willing to drop? Cause "best" can run you a ton of cash

not best persay id like to get something that can do decent base and decent sound stage and still beat even the best gaming headsets, so like maybe max 250ish maybe a bit lower or higher if possible.

@rice guru

@rice guru

I kinda wanted closed back i was debating on these if open back beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm Headphones or the 770 pro or m50 audio technicas 

3 minutes ago, MissAuroraKitty said:

Alsos portable could be a option @rice guru

maybe cooler master mh 752 or one more triple driver over ears. as open backs and beyers arent great for portable unless its a low impedance model like a dt 177x go. 

@rice guru portability is also a extra thing im more so worried even for single place use i want ti to last on construction and dependence

1 hour ago, MissAuroraKitty said:

also need a mod mic or something with it so factor that in too.

If you need a mod mic i would recommend, Antlion Audio mics (Uni, USB or Wireless) the cheapest is Uni (47$)

I certainly don't know what the microphone's function will be, but if it's not singing or something that needs stupendous audio quality, you can just buy a Antlition Modmic Uni or USB (i would recommend USB).

42 minutes ago, MissAuroraKitty said:

portability is also a extra thing im more so worried

Buy a organizer case for your headphone and mic, protection and portability
if possible a backpack or something else.

I hope this helped.

Emanuel Messias, R.d.S - a.k.a: MiniDarkOF | Brasil, SP

1 hour ago, MissAuroraKitty said:

@rice guru portability is also a extra thing im more so worried even for single place use i want ti to last on construction and dependence

how do you feel about desk usb mics and are you good with yusing your motherboard as an output?

I'm more so wanting a solution that's cheaper then a high end gaming headset that I can get far more use out of, mic wish probably mod mic and usb since most dac or such doesn't allow for additional 3.5mm Jack's if you get a nice one. Rn my issue is on if I go none portable, what's my best option and portable what's the best. @rice guru @MiniDarkOF

So for not portable setup maybe a DT 880,990,770 250 ohm try it first without a dac/amp  if you need one a fx audio dac x6 should be fine, and grab a blue snowball or modmic wireless. For portable solutions the takstar pro 82/ mh752 or a one more triple driver over ear or custom one pro plus. With said mic

There are different DT880 and DT770 like 32, 80 and 250ohm. From my experience the DT770 and 880 are pretty much difficult to drive using the onboard audio of your pc. For that, you can grab the Fiio E10K or fx audio x16 or what @rice guru usually recommends.

The DT1770 uses Tesla drivers that are found in Amiron Home for example and it's quite easier to drive, it can get really loud on mobile device. But it's a bit pricier.

However, there are portable amps like the Fiio A5 to drive high impedance headphones on portable devices.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

8 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

There are different DT880 and DT770 like 32, 80 and 250ohm. From my experience the DT770 and 880 are pretty much difficult to drive using the onboard audio of your pc. For that, you can grab the Fiio E10K or fx audio x16 or what @rice guru usually recommends.

The DT1770 uses Tesla drivers that are found in Amiron Home for example and it's quite easier to drive, it can get really loud on mobile device. But it's a bit pricier.

However, there are portable amps like the Fiio A5 to drive high impedance headphones on portable devices.

yeah the e10k is hard for me to reccomend anymore with the better fiio k3 and the much better fiio k5 pro being releease recently smaller more portable oriented unit but has more power. and for a bit more money the k5 pro is pretty legit. 

On 1/22/2020 at 11:02 AM, MissAuroraKitty said:

I'm more so wanting a solution that's cheaper then a high end gaming headset that I can get far more use out of, mic wish probably mod mic and usb since most dac or such doesn't allow for additional 3.5mm Jack's if you get a nice one. Rn my issue is on if I go none portable, what's my best option and portable what's the best. @rice guru @MiniDarkOF

This may be very experimental and new in audio production
but, take a look at TMA-2 from AIAIAI Audio (they're modular headphones)

These days i made a post saying that i had seen a headphone called TMA-2 but i don't think modular headphones are good enough for me.

But they are very portable and not that expensive, it's good to start

Also another good option is AKG K612 Pro / K240 MKII

Emanuel Messias, R.d.S - a.k.a: MiniDarkOF | Brasil, SP