Expected price for custom loop?

Hey guys,

I'm beginning to part out a build with a Ryzen 5 3600 and an RX 5600 XT. I want to make a custom loop (not AIO for reasons I wont get in to here) for just CPU and GPU with soft tubing. I have a fair bit of experience with building PCs (and even a little plumbing), but this is my first water cooling setup. What's the ballpark I should expect to pay for the custom loop (blocks, tubing, pump, reservoir, fittings, etc)? Additionally, I don't even see a block for the GPU online. Is the card too new, or is the block for the 5700 compatible? Thanks!

Probably looking in the range of $250-$300 for decent parts, including blocks for both CPU and GPU, fittings, rads, pump, res, tools, etc.

No, they probably dont have the 5600XT blocks out yet but you may not see many, it's not a card most would water cool.

WOuldn';t going with a 5700XT instead of water cooling be better performance overall?  Or is this a project just to do and enjoy the experience?

Just now, Lorant said:

Probably looking in the range of $250-$300 for decent parts, including blocks for both CPU and GPU, fittings, rads, pump, res, tools, etc.

No, they probably dont have the 5600XT blocks out yet but you may not see many, it's not a card most would water cool.

WOuldn';t going with a 5700XT instead of water cooling be better performance overall?  Or is this a project just to do and enjoy the experience?

I'm converting an old radio cabinet into a PC case and wanted to do a water-cooled rig for the first time. I'm using a custom loop because I have some creative ideas for the theme of the build around the cooling setup. I can't see a way to make normal air coolers fit the motif. I see a 5700XT Liquid Devil for nearly $800 CAD, or another 5700XT for $530 CAD (without the block of course).

Sounds pretty cool, post a build log when you start so we can see it take shape.  

I would have said more like starting from $500 unless you are going the barrow/bykski route and probably more since you want to incoorporate the gpu too. Of course the ali express/ebay route can be even cheaper but i wouldnt recommend that.

Already started so I can get ideas and opinions from all you fine folk: 

53 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I would have said more like starting from $500 unless you are going the barrow/bykski route and probably more since you want to incoorporate the gpu too. Of course the ali express/ebay route can be even cheaper but i wouldnt recommend that.

Cpu, GPU and a pump is already $300-$450 cad. Figure $100-250 for rads, $50-100 for a reservoir, $100-$200 in fittings, pump top $50, coolant $25-$50, backplate $50. So $600-$1200 give or take so parts oh and taxes.

Canadian dollars.

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

If you go name-brand with all the things - I agree with @For Science! at the starting budget for a CPU and GPU as the blocks for both are quite expensive.

However if you know what you are doing, it can be done for around $100.  I wont espouse my love for doing $100 loops but I have done 3 this year.  Have to use science to mitigate mixing metals, and buying the right pieces to create a functional block for the GPU.  

For $100 it takes around 1.5 - 2 months for everything sourced from China to arrive also.  So if its a timing thing this route typically doesn't work for people.  I actually have a complete 3 radiator loop (2x240mm and 1x120mm rads, pump/res/tubes and fans, CPU block with GPU block/strap/Heat Sinks for VRMs and other spots on the GPU total)  waiting to be put together that cost under $100 sitting under the bed waiting for me to have time to put it in RR1 in sig.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

just did a full water build and it was ~1100 US, real custom loops aren't cheap the blocks alone for decent ones are 100+ , get a distro plate to save on pump/res price. And if you have never bent Hardline get extra and practice, I would also suggest the EK jig kit. Gl can't wait to see.

1 minute ago, Dumathoinn said:

just did a full water build and it was ~1100 US, real custom loops aren't cheap the blocks alone for decent ones are 100+ , get a distro plate to save on pump/res price. And if you have never bent Hardline get extra and practice, I would also suggest the EK jig kit. Gl can't wait to see.

You paid $1100 US for the loop only?!

Well the blocks, the distro plate, the fittings, coolant, Hardline, Rads and fans. Yes it adds really fast.

Just now, Dumathoinn said:

Well the blocks, the distro plate, the fittings, coolant, Hardline, Rads and fans. Yes it adds really fast.

Holy crap. I might have to rethink this. I just watched one of Jays videos and he made the point that if you're sacrificing CPU/GPU budget to get watercooling, then why do it? I want the aesthetic for the build I have planned, but I don't know that I want to spend the $500-$1000 just to get that. Maybe I need to go back to the drawing board and see if I can accomplish something cool and retro-looking inside the radio cabinet without water cooling.

1 minute ago, Epitome_Inc said:

Holy crap. I might have to rethink this. I just watched one of Jays videos and he made the point that if you're sacrificing CPU/GPU budget to get watercooling, then why do it? I want the aesthetic for the build I have planned, but I don't know that I want to spend the $500-$1000 just to get that. Maybe I need to go back to the drawing board and see if I can accomplish something cool and retro-looking inside the radio cabinet without water cooling.

Yeah sorry to burst the Bubble. I mean you can get really cheap stuff even wish.com and AliExpress has things. 

8 hours ago, Epitome_Inc said:

You paid $1100 US for the loop only?!

This is just the "little bits" I thought were left to wrap up my build. Disregard the fujipoly thermal pads and the sleeved cables.

My new loop comes out to $1300 Canadian.

Screenshot_20200122-220822_Outlook.jpg

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

My loop was between 1200-1300 CAD all said and done and that was using Bykski fittings, it all creeps up real quick. I did have close to 30 fittings mind you.

By the time it was all said and done I think I was in it for around $350-400 CAD, mind you I also don't have a GPU block as I'm waiting until I upgrade. I used a bunch of Barrow and Darkside parts, and honestly, I'm pretty sure that the Darkside fittings are re-badged Barrow, but I could be wrong. Either way I'll probably order a few things here and there and tinker a bit, but I'm mostly happy with what I got.

"Mercury" Build Thread - Phanteks Evolv X | Ryzen 5 5600X | MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi | MSI GTX 1070 Ti DUKE | 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo | "Royal" Light Guide Bars | 6x Corsair HD 120mm Fans | Corsair Commander Pro 

Seasonic G-Series 750W Gold PSU | Darkside Carbon Cables | Darkside Slim 360 Rad | Darkside 12mm Fittings | Aquacomputer Aqualis 150 DDC Reservoir | Barrow PWM DDC pump | Barrow "Royal" CPU Block | Barrow Flow Indicator

"Quicksilver" Build Thread - Painted InWin303 | i7-6700K | MSI Z170A M-Power Gaming Titanium | Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LED Ram 3000mHz| 3x Phanteks 140mm Fans | Deepcool 600W Bronze PSU

Coolermaster Hyper212 Black | 2x Fractal White LED 120mm Fans | 3x UpHere 120mm Fans

"Watermelon" (Daughter) Build Thread - Painted Fractal Design Focus G | I7-4770 | Gigabyte GA-H85-D3H | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 16gb Crucial DDR3L 1600mHz | 3x Enermax White Twister 120mm fans

3x Enermax White Cluster 120mm Fans | Enermax ETS-T40-WC Air Cooler | eVGA 750G1 750W Gold PSU | Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller

Yeah, after rethinking my build I'm just going to forgo the water cooling this time. I can't justify spending that kind of dough on a cooling solution. Plus I figured out another way to get the look I want in my build without it. Should be much easier to accomplish too. Thanks for all the info guys!