255 inch 4K (24K?) TV setup... quack!

EXTRADODO
Go to solution Solved by Loote,

You're going to encounter some problems:

3x2 3,840 x 2,160  is 11,520 x 4,320, do depending on who you ask, 11/12k or 4320p, also 2.66(6) ratio, so even more than cinematic 2.35:1.
To get 8k from 4k screens you need 2x2 set, to make 24k you'd need 6x6 set, so 36 screens.

Returning to what you've come up at, even 2080ti has HDMI 2.0b(14.4 Gbit/s data rate) which caps out at 4k 60Hz without HDR, 4k 50Hz with HDR or 4k 60Hz 4:2:0 with HDR, I think this is the reason for the 4k cap you encounter. DisplayPort1.3 is more capable( 25.92 Gbit/s data rate), but only barely. Your config is basically 1.5 times the pixels 8k screen has, which would need ~75 Gbit/s at 60Hz(or 90 with HDR). DisplayPort2.0 might be of help here with 77Gbit peak data rate and Dispaly Stream Compression(1.4 also has DSC, so there's room to fiddle)

With DP 1.3/1.4 half the res you have (5,760x2,160) should be doable, but I doubt anyone has a solution like that, the aforementioned walls will be the only feasible thing for a year or two I'd think and I wouldn't bet on DP 2.0 making a difference either.

I have a series of questions and I'm seeking answers.

Before anything else, look at the attached picture.

That's 6 of 85inch 4K TV stacked as 3x2 attached to a PC (oh my poor potato) with 6 of HDMI 2.0 cables.

The resolution setting on each TV is 3840 x 2160 and the display settings are adjust to the 3x2.

1. Is it 24K technically speaking?

2. The maximum output from one RTX 2080 Ti is stated as 8K. Is it for each port or all ports?

3. Is there a better way to do just to achieve a 4K content on each TV?

4. Is there a better thin bezel TV with same or bigger size?

Any ideas, guys? 

call me crazy but this is nut.jpg

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you actually have the budget for such a setup?

FYI the GPU max resolution is per display. 

if you want independent 4K on each display, you’ll need a specialized GPU (like a Matrox specifically made for signage solutions) or multiple GPUs like Quadros. 

But it depends on what you’re gonna put on the displays. 

If you just need a big ass screen, you should look up Video Wall solutions. All the big TV manufacturers have them. We’ve got a 3x3 50” 4K Samsung Video Wall at work. It acts as a single large display but it’s capped at 4K input. Each TV is daisy chained via DP, and a controller drives the whole thing and acts as your source input box and source selector. 

A setup like ours is in the neighbourhood

of $50,000. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you actually have the budget for such a setup?

Just need a big ass Video Wall that can access from a desktop, a laptop (and 1 AppleTV even though the ratio aspect of this might not be working properly)
We usually set the budget around 90,000$ for this kindda of ... ahh .. how should I put it... "something cool", i guess. :D 

if you want independent 4K on each display, you’ll need a specialized GPU (like a Matrox specifically made for signage solutions) or multiple GPUs like Quadros. 

This might helps a lot for my research. Thank you. ❤️ 

It acts as a single large display but it’s capped at 4K input.

Yes. The input cap is what I'm having trouble with. I can't put more than 4K on a single cable either.

Each TV is daisy chained via DP, and a controller drives the whole thing and acts as your source input box and source selector. 

I've just heard about the daisy chain tech recently. I'm sure it can connect all multi-monitors as one but it all come down to the bottle-neck of the source input, right?

3x2 3,840 x 2,160  is 11,520 x 4,320, do depending on who you ask, 11/12k or 4320p, also 2.66(6) ratio, so even more than cinematic 2.35:1.
To get 8k from 4k screens you need 2x2 set, to make 24k you'd need 6x6 set, so 36 screens.

Returning to what you've come up at, even 2080ti has HDMI 2.0b(14.4 Gbit/s data rate) which caps out at 4k 60Hz without HDR, 4k 50Hz with HDR or 4k 60Hz 4:2:0 with HDR, I think this is the reason for the 4k cap you encounter. DisplayPort1.3 is more capable( 25.92 Gbit/s data rate), but only barely. Your config is basically 1.5 times the pixels 8k screen has, which would need ~75 Gbit/s at 60Hz(or 90 with HDR). DisplayPort2.0 might be of help here with 77Gbit peak data rate and Dispaly Stream Compression(1.4 also has DSC, so there's room to fiddle)

With DP 1.3/1.4 half the res you have (5,760x2,160) should be doable, but I doubt anyone has a solution like that, the aforementioned walls will be the only feasible thing for a year or two I'd think and I wouldn't bet on DP 2.0 making a difference either.

19 minutes ago, Loote said:

Thank you so much for the comment. This make my mind a bit clear for the path. 

I believe dalekphalm has done more helping, I just went on a bit of a rant and maybe included helpful LTT video :P