Audio problem

D4RK

Hello guys,

i have Audio Technica M50 and i when i got them i thought they were way so lacking in base and they felt like they had some sort of a problem, when they are on low volume they arent fully clear or not being powered enough, so today i tried them on my HTC one x by chance and they sounded 10 times better and they did have base.

now i want to know if this is software related or hardware related, i was surprised how a small phone can power the headphones better than a laptop, my laptop is Clevo P370EM with built in sound ( Intel panther point PCH - high defination audio controler).

Clevo's audio solution is often rubbish that's probably the issue get yourself a Fiio amp for your laptop and it should sound a lot better 

Have you gone through and disabled all of the audio enhancements that are probably enabled by default. 
I would look into trying to get what you already have working to the levels that you want before going and spending money on something that would really help you. 
Another thing that might be an issue is the 3.5mm jack may not be in all of the way, I've had that issue with Clevo's before. 

Usual questions, have you checked all your drivers are up to date, and have you tried another pair of headphones on the laptop to confirm it actually has an issue?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i did try to disable all of the enhacements and reinstalling the drivers, and i had a 18 ohms headphone which was runing good unlike the 38 ohm M50, i tried the M50 on a desktop it seemed to be reseving more power than on the laptop but still the phone was a bit better than both.

now is their any software that limits the headphone buitin jack power or something that i can disable or edit?

I don't know much about the intel stuff but all the realtek chips have a single output that is switched between line level and headphone,  If you can find a "connector re tasking" option somewhere in the audio control manager, then switching it to headphones may give you the extra power you need to drive them properly.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.