More Bitcoin Exchange Withdrawals brought to a halt due to DDoS attacks.

Post at /.

An anonymous reader tipped us to news that several Bitcoin exchanges have joined Mt Gox in suspending withdrawals after being forced out of sync with the Bitcoin network at large. After Mt Gox blamed transaction malleability for forcing them to suspend withdrawals, miscreants started flooding at least Bitpay and Btc-e with bogus transactions. Quoting the Bitcoin Foundation:

"Somebody (or several somebodies) is taking advantage of the transaction malleability issue and relaying mutated versions of transactions. This is exposing bugs in both the reference implementation and some exchange’s software. We (core dev team, developers at the exchanges, and even big mining pools) are creating workarounds and fixes right now. This is a denial-of-service attack; whoever is doing this is not stealing coins, but is succeeding in preventing some transactions from confirming. It’s important to note that DoS attacks do not affect people’s bitcoin wallets or funds. "

... This doesn't bode well. Hopefully they can get these bugs fixed ASAP and get everything back up to normal. I'm still mining away personally, as I expect this to go away once the bugs are indeed fixed.

It's sad that DDoS' are being abused so much these days. I'm hoping someone comes up with a way to fix it soon. I know, I know. It probably can't be fixed because of it's nature, or the required investment needed to fix it, but still. I can hope. 

Maybe I should move to a different exchange. The big ones seem to be more dangerous now even though they are more established. 

Or sell my coin on Ebay. That's an option. 

What do my fellow miners think?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

just wait and see if they can restore this and make it better then btc will be higher then the 1K all the time :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

just wait and see if they can restore this and make it better then btc will be higher then the 1K all the time :)

I can only hope. I'm up to 0.277 BTC, so that would give me an extra $100 worth of coin (basically).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

More Bitcoin Exchange Withdrawals brought to a halt do due* to DDoS attacks.

Just had to :P

I can only hope. I'm up to 0.277 BTC, so that would give me an extra $100 worth of coin (basically).

in how many days did you made them?

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

in how many days did you made them?

2 months with a single 290X at 867 KH/s mining Feathercoin and Litecoin 65% of the time (so roughly 14 hours a day).

† Christian Member †

2 months with a single 290X at 867 KH/s mining Feathercoin and Litecoin 65% of the time (so roughly 14 hours a day).

OMG stop now and go with middlecoin now! it is a multipool so mine there nowwwwwww.... im making 0.08 btc in 2 days :)

OMG stop now and go with middlecoin now! it is a multipool so mine there nowwwwwww.... im making 0.08 btc in 2 days :)

Hash rate? 

I was planning on doing that soon. 

† Christian Member †

Hash rate? 

I was planning on doing that soon. 

4 7970 @ 760Khps  so 3000Khps or 3Mh :P

4 7970 @ 760Khps  so 3000Khps or 3Mh :P

So I should roughly get 0.027 per day. Sweet.

† Christian Member †

Change the titles "do" to "due" ;)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Mt. Gox has had lots of trouble for the past year. They promised litecoin- never happened. They promised a new trade engine- never happened. They said USD withdrawls were stopped temporarily- yet no one has been able to get much money out of gox for the past year.

I really do think they either need to fix everything, or give everyone their money and close shop. This is getting ridiculous and its doing nothing but hurting BTC.

All this made me switch to BTC-e as my main exchange, and use coinbase for withdrawls. I havent trusted my 5 digits worth of BTC that i made from mining and trading the last two years at all with them.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Mt. Gox has had lots of trouble for the past year. They promised litecoin- never happened. They promised a new trade engine- never happened. They said USD withdrawls were stopped temporarily- yet no one has been able to get much money out of gox for the past year.

I really do think they either need to fix everything, or give everyone their money and close shop. This is getting ridiculous and its doing nothing but hurting BTC.

All this made me switch to BTC-e as my main exchange, and use coinbase for withdrawls. I havent trusted my 5 digits worth of BTC that i made from mining and trading the last two years at all with them.

have you cashed out yet, or are you in it for the long run?

BTC-e is infected too? NOOOO! Looks like it's time to find a new multi-coin exchange.

:/

*cough* Cryptsy *cough*

† Christian Member †

*cough* Cryptsy *cough*

Where can I find my Cryptsy address so I can transfer my LTC in BTC-e to my Cryptsy account?

COMIC SANS

Where can I find my Cryptsy address so I can transfer my LTC in BTC-e to my Cryptsy account?

Go to Balances tab

Scroll to what you want (LTC in this case).

Hover over the name with the green down arrow.

Click "Deposit/Autosell LTC".

Click "Generate new deposit address".

That's the new address. Send it there and wait for it to confirm. You can come back and check this address later without having to create a new one should you want to send it there again. 

The clip board beside the deposit address field copies the address to your clipboard if you click it.

The Auto-sell section comes up once you have generated a deposit address and defaults to "Off". Just leave it there unless you want to automate the whole process.

As Cryptsy tells you, never mine directly to that address.

† Christian Member †

That is pretty sweet. Thanks. :D I'm going to be using this from now on. 

Now if only I could get the pool to accept shares. 100% reject rate, when mining other pools, I get a 1% reject rate, roughly.

† Christian Member †

have you cashed out yet, or are you in it for the long run?

sorry for late reply, but I am in it for the long run. just bought 1300 LTC tonight @ 14.3 :P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

sorry for late reply, but I am in it for the long run. just bought 1300 LTC tonight @ 14.3 :P

holy jesusballs, did you exchange all your BTC for LTC?

holy jesusballs, did you exchange all your BTC for LTC?

no i still have 0.71 BTC lol and im mining with 240GH/s bitcoin and 1MH/s Litecoin (and have been since early last year)

Spoiler

no i still have 0.71 BTC lol and im mining with 240GH/s bitcoin and 1MH/s Litecoin (and have been since early last year)

Smooth  ;) Let's hope LTC goes to the moon again (40++$)  :D