Buying a new ssd

I currently have a 128gb samsung sata ssd that I use for my operating system and a few games. I have a 1tb hard drive for everything else.

My question is, is it worth me getting a mad crazy ssd? I have £100 to spend and Id want 1tb. All I'd be doing is gaming and streaming every now and then.

Also, what should I do with my old ssd? Still use it for the os or just take it out completely.

My motherboard is a b450 tomahawk Max

Thanks in advance 

Check my resources here. As for uses with an old SSD: caching or tiering with HDDs would be my initial suggestion.

do you have a m.2 slot?  I'd buy a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250gb model...keep the 128gb for your OS...put all your games on the 970...

3 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

do you have a m.2 slot?  I'd buy a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250gb model...keep the 128gb for your OS...put all your games on the 970...

all your games on 250gb? that's like 3 games. he wants a 1tb ssd.

13 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

all your games on 250gb? that's like 3 games. he wants a 1tb ssd.

Well sadly the 1tb model is $200 USD.  I only keep the games I currently play on my fast Steam library (NVMe)...my second, slow, Steam library is on an HDD.  The performance of the expensive Samsung line of NVMe honestly is worth it to me going with a smaller size.  

13 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

Well sadly the 1tb model is $200 USD.  I only keep the games I currently play on my fast Steam library (NVMe)...my second, slow, Steam library is on an HDD.  The performance of the expensive Samsung line of NVMe honestly is worth it to me going with a smaller size.  

yeah, i think we talked about this before, you play very large open world games. i think for general use any nvme ssd is enough

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yeah, i think we talked about this before, you play very large open world games. i think for general use any nvme ssd is enough

i like beating dead horses if you haven't noticed ;)

3 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

i like beating dead horses if you haven't noticed ;)

better than beating live horses

I've been looking at the intel 660p but wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything major or obvious to more experienced people than myself. I think I'll get the cheapest drive I can find from a reputable brand.

Thanks for the replies 

I just brought a WD sata ssd for the same purpose. There is no difference in performance between nvme and sata ssd on gaming and their price is the same. I choose sata over nvme because I want to have a spare m.2 slot for the future, and the sata one is more portable.

I would only buy a sata drive when my HDD finally dies. Plus i wont be upgrading my mobo any time soon so i dont mind filling the m.2 slot if its going to stay nice and fast for the next 3-5 years =]