Fix for no drive bay?

So as with a lot of cases these days mine lacks any possible way to put a CD-Drive into it, I'm looking to have some way to set up having a CD Drive, and then I'd also like to somehow incorporate a 3.5in and 5.25in floppy drive, could I like 3D print or buy an enclosure for that and then find someway to plug the drives in? I don't have a ton of games on CD or Floppy but I do buy the occasional older Big Box PC game so a way to have the option would be great.

I'm aware that USB 3.5in and USB Disc Drives exist.

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

Ummm...you can literally use double sided mounting tape to tape the drives down in the bottom of your case.  If you have a hinged side cover that swings open...you can use same tape to adhere a cd drive to the inside of the door?  Looks ghetto, but costs so little...and I don't often give nickel tours of the interior of my pc ;)

Easier is just to get case with those bays. Unless you have some odd reason not to, like portability.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't know about how you would be able to have some type of 5.25" enclosure. But, I know of a way to connect a dvd drive and 3.5 floppy drive. I use a slimline dvd + 3.5" to 5.25" adapter from icydock in my build to use a dvd drive and floppy drive+media reader (which is dead) in one 5.25" bay. You do have to get a slimline dvd drive tho (9.5 mm ones iirc). You can also get a 3.5" floppy connector to usb for the floppy for the floppy. Idk how you would connect the 5.25" floppy drive tho (i'm guessing its a 5.25" floppy drive)

If you rarely use them, and your case doesn't have mounts for them, I'd just get a USB DVD-RW and a USB 3.5" Floppy drive.

If for some reason you must install them into your case - just get a new case, and sell the old one (or keep it for a new build sometime down the line).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, Yogi_DaBear221 said:

So as with a lot of cases these days mine lacks any possible way to put a CD-Drive into it, I'm looking to have some way to set up having a CD Drive, and then I'd also like to somehow incorporate a 3.5in and 5.25in floppy drive, could I like 3D print or buy an enclosure for that and then find someway to plug the drives in? I don't have a ton of games on CD or Floppy but I do buy the occasional older Big Box PC game so a way to have the option would be great.

I'm aware that USB 3.5in and USB Disc Drives exist.

If you look around, you can still find decent cases with a space for a drive... I've got one from Sharkoon that's pretty good, wasn't expensive has a tempered glass side panel. 2 front USB3 and 2 USB2 ports and room for 2x140mm fans in the front and a 280mm AIO rad in the top... Had to move the BDrom drive down into the 2nd slot though to make room for the AIO. It's got a magnetic filter on the top and a filter on the front.

My only gripe is that the airflow in the front is a little limited, the sides are perforated which restricts airflow and then it has a filter over the fans... so it kinda makes for a double filter effect... But it's got a nice open space at the bottom of the front panel and my case sits on a wheel platform to the side so is at least 5-6 inches of the floor. I removed the front dust filter last week to see what effect it would have and it's certainly reduced the number of times the front fans increase rpm... Will monitor the dust intake over the next few weeks to see if it's much worse.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.