is this a good psu for my build?

cooltech6597

Is the EVGA BR 450W a reliable PSU? I want to use it for this build: 

Ty.

22 minutes ago, ikeeyigsys5575 said:

Is the EVGA BR 450W a reliable PSU? I want to use it for this build: 

Ty.

that is plenty for this build, especially since your using a GPU with no extra power connectors. You should also have plenty of headroom wattage wise for future GPU upgrades

*Quick suggestion, if you can squeeze a bit more money I'd recommend this RX 570 for $120 and its about twice the performance. The 560 isn't worth buying anymore as it's pretty slow.

ely 

Edited by InsaneFire10YT
mistaken link

Ok. I want to do some light video editing with little to no effects in Davinci Resolve. Do I need the video card headroom? I wont be gaming.

Good enough to fall into the range of personal choice.  You could probably get away with a smaller one or one with a higher effecincy rating, but price is a consideration and the price for that one is fairly low.  Also it would allow you to put in a larger gpu later if you needed to.  The bright side is you should be drawing near 50% under common use so it will be near peak efficiency.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, ikeeyigsys5575 said:

Ok. I want to do some light video editing with little to no effects in Davinci Resolve. Do I need the video card headroom? I wont be gaming.

For video editing and not gaming Nvidia becomes more useful than AMD GPU wise.  Nvidia has studio drivers and CUDA cores which may be valuable.

Also the very small hard drive could be an issue with video.  It tends to get large.  An additional mechanical drive might be useful.  More money though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

For video editing and not gaming Nvidia becomes more useful than AMD GPU wise.  Nvidia has studio drivers and CUDA cores which may be valuable.

But I only have around 400-450 for this build. Should I get the 560 or a cheaper and older nvidia card

Just now, ikeeyigsys5575 said:

But I only have around 400-450 for this build. Should I get the 560 or a cheaper and older nvidia card

Hmm... If used is an option things get both possible and complicated quite quickly.  Then you’re dealing with eBay.  As a price comparison of used vs new I saw a rx580 for sale at the same price as your 560.  As to which    specific GPU at the $100 price point would work best for video editing, I profess ignorance.   There are those who would know better.  I am seeing 780s in the $85 range which I would suspect would work better for video.  I could be horribly wrong about that though. All of them will use more power than the 560 though, so that extra power in that PSU may come in handy sooner than expected.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Hmm... If used is an option things get both possible and complicated quite quickly.  Then you’re dealing with eBay.  As a price comparison of used vs new I saw a rx580 for sale at the same price as your 560.  As to which    specific GPU at the $100 price point would work best for video editing, I profess ignorance.   There are those who would know better.  I am seeing 780s in the $85 range which I would suspect would work better for video.  I could be horribly wrong about that though. All of them will use more power than the 560 though, so that extra power in that PSU may come in handy sooner than expected.

Ok. Ill just get a 570.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($85.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($88.98 @ Newegg) much better board, comes with integrated wifi.
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($41.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 570 4 GB ROG STRIX Video Card  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: CiT F3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($25.14 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($35.98 @ Newegg) much better quality.
Total: $457.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-15 00:34 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W