M.2 SSD to PCIE-1x slot

xaoc

Hello,

I have recently decided to upgrade my main computer to SSD. Due to small case and a lot of cables I only want to have M.2 type SSD in my system however my motherboard is Biostart B350ET2 which does not have M.2 slot for SSD. However it has Pcie -16x slot and 1x slot. The video card sits in 16x slot which leaves one 1x slot open. I was wondering if there are any adapters from M.2 to Pcie 1x.

From quick search I found out these two:

M.2 NGFF to PCI-E 14 transfer Card PCI Express 3.0 X1

PCIE to M2 Adapter NVMe

However both sellers mention that the adapters only support NVME SSD's and I have allredy ordered  Western Digital M.2 SSD. Will my new SSD work with these adapters?

if the seller say its m.2 nvme only then its nvme only and if you want m.sata ask the seller first

1 minute ago, xaoc said:

Hello,

I have recently decided to upgrade my main computer to SSD. Due to small case and a lot of cables I only want to have M.2 type SSD in my system however my motherboard is Biostart B350ET2 which does not have M.2 slot for SSD. However it has Pcie -16x slot and 1x slot. The video card sits in 16x slot which leaves one 1x slot open. I was wondering if there are any adapters from M.2 to Pcie 1x.

From quick search I found out these two:

M.2 NGFF to PCI-E 14 transfer Card PCI Express 3.0 X1

PCIE to M2 Adapter NVMe

However both sellers mention that the adapters only support NVME SSD's and I have allredy ordered  Western Digital M.2 SSD. Will my new SSD work with these adapters?

Yes it should work assuming your board has the ability to accept a PCI-E device as a boot drive. The key on that M.2 style sata SSD is a B+M key which is compatible. 

https://www.atpinc.com/blog/what-is-m.2-M-B-BM-key-socket-3

Wouldn't the NVME SSD would be bottlenecked by the 1x slot?

5 minutes ago, xaoc said:

Wouldn't the NVME SSD would be bottlenecked by the 1x slot?

That drive is just in the M.2 form factor but is a sata drive only capable of around 545MB/s.