ASUS ROG Strix B450-F bios?

hi there i just ordered the ASUS ROG Strix B450-F https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FKTZC4M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

for a 3700x, a lot of pc builds on youtube say its a good board and they pair it with the 3700x but no mention of a bios update. on pcpartpicker it say i might need a different cpu to update the bios before i use it with a 3700x does anyone have any experience with this? should i cancel my order?

All 400 series bards require Bios update to work with 3000 series CPUs. I would cancel that order and get MSI B450 Tomahawk because they callow you Bios flashback using a USB drive.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Asus has updated most of their 400 series boards (including this model) to work with 3000 series CPUs out of the factory, however there are still some non-updated boards out in the wild. So it's impossible to know until you get the board home if it's updated or not.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Asus has updated most of their 400 series boards (including this model) to work with 3000 series CPUs out of the factory, however there are still some non-updated boards out in the wild. So it's impossible to know until you get the board home if it's updated or not.

i got it on amazon and they usually sell out pretty fast so im assume its newer

1 minute ago, Lol_Someoneactually said:

Once you get it you can cross your fingers and hope...

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

38 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

All 400 series bards require Bios update to work with 3000 series CPUs. I would cancel that order and get MSI B450 Tomahawk because they callow you Bios flashback using a USB drive.

The note about getting a board with BIOS flashback is a good one, but note that MSI "MAX" series boards are guaranteed to have an updated 3rd-gen compatible BIOS.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

27 minutes ago, Lol_Someoneactually said:

Yep. I'd assume that it supports the 3000 series by now. However, i'd still update BIOS when I get it since the BIOS version on there might be old.

Worst-case scenario, AMD will send you a free "boot-kit" containing an old athlon that you use to update your BIOS and then send back to them, however this process takes time and It's better to avoid it if at all possible.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just built my son a 3600X with a ROG Strix B-450F combo and it worked out of the box. Bought the MB on Black Friday from Amazon, and the box had no mention of 3rd Gen Ryzen and the bios was not up-to-date.